Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
261 - 280 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #261 ·
Update on the car the doors and trunk have been painted in red oxide primer and then they got painted in matador red. They each got three coats of paint and five coats of clear and they are ready to be buffed. I will upload some pictures on Monday of the buffed doors and trunk.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #264 ·
No I haven’t yet. I was going to order a hose from someone else but they are on back order. I will probably end up needing to shorten the holes like you did. I just haven’t gotten around to doing it yet.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
Went to go check on the car today he has finished his last coat of primer and is going to put some color on it. The first thing he’s going to do is paint the underside of the floor and the inside of the floor in Red oxide primer then he plans on painting the roof.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #270 ·
Steven, the 57 is going to look fantastic when finished. Your body man/painter looks to be a real perfectionist. I bet you are chomping at the bit to start reassembly.
He is 67 and has been working on cars since he was 14. He did the body work and paint on my dads 56 20 years ago he dose a great job. He takes his time to make some it’s done right. I was hoping he would be done with it by now but it will be worth the wait.

Reactions: ETriggs

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #272 ·
Stopped my to see the car today with my son and there was some color on the car!! The floor has been painted in Red oxide primer and the overspray that would have been done originally was sprayed on. He’s also painted the firewall! Next week he plans on painting the roof and then he will move on to the quarter panels and trunk area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #275 ·
This year at the Tri five nationals we saw a 57 convertible that was restored by Dave Fletcher it was a beautiful car and had most of the options that we are putting on our 57.

After seeing his car we new we had to install a continental kit on our car. We ordered one the week after the show and 2/3 boxes showed up today the 3rd will be here tomorrow. I am so excited to put this on the car I am impressed with the build quality and the quality of the chrome I think it’s going to really make our car pop!

Reactions: ETriggs
261 - 280 of 284 Posts