Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys I wanted everyone to know they need to watch muttonhollow.

I order some light from him that was suppose to be danchuck and when they came they were KSR. I called him to ask what was up and he had the gull to tell me they where danchucks. Like I didn't know what I bought. He told me to send them back and he would send Danchucks. Well he did at my cost. Never once tried to make things right. I ask twice for refund on the shipping with no response.

I can not believe that some people just don't care what they do. What's up with customer care now day's. I know he's just a middle man and does not stock anything. Well I guess they think your just one person so what. Well Now day we have the Internet to pass this stuff along. One person is now 1000 or more. He was a sponsor and still maybe so I welcome his response to this. I would like a good reason for his actions.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
So sorry to hear this I have purchased many times, have had some problems and got them resolved without costing me anything. I do hpe that they can see your post read it and make it right.In the event that it does happen keep us posted

·
Premium Member
4,921 Posts
I am sorry to hear this too. I have been dealing with Mark for many months now and I am very happy with the attentive service I receive – especially since all my stuff is being shipped to Australia. And often it takes a number of times to revise orders at the supplier end to get things ready for shipping – never a complaint.

On one occasion I asked for a particular brand of rubber product in a kit, after getting the heads-up from Tri5 that all are not the same, and Mark worked out the right combination of items for me, even though he did not have it all in stock at the time of ordering – letting me know what was going on the whole time.

I'll keep on using MH.

My advice for anyone ordering from any supplier is to keep the communication going and be up front with any particular requests, which most often means doing plenty of product research in advance. Never hurts to ask questions.

68,758 Posts
sorry that you had a problem darrin. hope they make it right. they all have bad days. :stupido2:

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin
1,826 Posts
Sorry to here this. I have ordered from them several times and never had a problem. they always ship fast for me and that is a big plus. I even had extra parts and he adjusted a kit so I wouldn't end up with duplicates.

·
12,256 Posts
I order some light from him that was suppose to be danchuck and when they came they were KSR. I called him to ask what was up and he had the gull to tell me they where danchucks. Like I didn't know what I bought.
What exactly did you order, and who is "KSR"? Are you sure KSR isn't the manufacturer selling through Danchuk?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What exactly did you order, and who is "KSR"? Are you sure KSR isn't the manufacturer selling through Danchuk?
I order complete 55 chevy turn signal lights with mounting hardware that was advertised as danchucks.

What I got was KSR aftermarket lights with out mounting bolts. I have brand new NOS 55 chevy front fenders. I held the light in the hole and they where so out of shape that the 1/4 seal would just touch on the middle. That is after pushing the light until the out side touched. They looked really bad. Now The danchucks do not fit this way. That is what he returned to me.

Maybe they where just bad I don't know. I'm more insulted that he told me they where danchucks. Danchuck lights Say danckuck on the back.

To top it off I order like 400.00 from him so we are not talking about a single order. I will say everything else was fine.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry that you had a problem darrin. hope they make it right. they all have bad days. :stupido2:
Yes we do. I'm having mine today:(

I'm done and 10.00 dollars won't break me. I waste more than that.

A simply answer I'm sorry I sent the wrong item. Lets get you fixed up.
Would have done me fine. Don't tell the customer he's wrong just fix me up and I will come back again.

This comes from a bad week so muttonhollow is not all to blame.

I mean I bought a supercharger and need some parts. I call parts company and ask to buy a blow off. They go for what, I tell them. They don't fit your car. Yes I understand just sell me the item. It does not fit your car. Really I know. I"m buying it Knowing it doesn't bolt right up and tell him I'll drill the missing holes. They wouldn't sell it to me. Whats up with that?

Why would they care as long as they sold something. It's that business.

I knew I'm buying something that don't fit but it's the only thing close that will work. I'm a hot Rodder I make anything fit.

Darrin

Today is bad, Tomorrow will be GREAT:happy0030:

·
Registered
845 Posts
I'll Be sure not to order form them, and I'll pass the word around. We'll get your $10 back several times over!

·
Administrator
9,086 Posts
I'll Be sure not to order form them, and I'll pass the word around. We'll get your $10 back several times over!
That is a big mistake, I have know Mark for years and so has many others on here, you are going to condem a man and his business based on one side of the story, didn't you ever hear their are always 2 sides of the story.

Mutton Hollow is A Plus in my book.

Otis :)

·
Administrator
49,962 Posts
I have bought from mutton hollow several times and have never had a problem.
If yall stop dealing with a vendor after one problem you will run out of vendors to buy from very quickly any more.
Terry

·
Administrator
9,086 Posts
I just talked with Mark from Mutton Hollow, He said that the part was never advertised as made by danchuk that you ordered the part that was made by ksr.

Mark said that there was nothing wrong with the part, you called and wanted a part made by danchuk, so it was your choice to return the part and get a part made by danchuk.

So since it was your choice to exchange , you sould pay the shipping.

Otis

·
Registered
37,967 Posts
Well it looks like we have two sides to the story.

So someone is wrong and someone is right, or the real truth is completely unknown, which is quite possible.

Bad day? I think you either do things one way every day, or you don't.

I still haven't figured out who KSR is, or whether the Danchuk product is any better, which it may or may not be.

Just for the record, I've only bought used parts from Mark, and they were what they were claimed, good shape, and market priced. No complaint.

·
Premium Member
16,157 Posts
That is a big mistake, I have know Mark for years and so has many others on here, you are going to condem a man and his business based on one side of the story, didn't you ever hear their are always 2 sides of the story.

Mutton Hollow is A Plus in my book.

Otis :)
I too have done business with Mark and have never had any issue at all with any of the transactions. He is a stand up guy that treats his customers well.

-Bruce

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
I have bought from mutton hollow several times and have never had a problem.
If yall stop dealing with a vendor after one problem you will run out of vendors to buy from very quickly any more.
Terry
This is true ..he took care of my ebay purchase of rear springs last winter and was prompt on communication and had a great price....:cool:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I just talked with Mark from Mutton Hollow, He said that the part was never advertised as made by danchuk that you ordered the part that was made by ksr.

Mark said that there was nothing wrong with the part, you called and wanted a part made by danchuk, so it was your choice to return the part and get a part made by danchuk.

So since it was your choice to exchange , you sould pay the shipping.

Otis
Otis pictures don't lie. So go look at Marks web sight then ask who's right.

There was nothing wrong other than they didn't fit. Missing hardware,Wrong brand. Not What I order. So I should just suck it up and take it like a man.

They where sold an advertised as Danchucks with pictures and all. Explain this

Misleading a buyer is what I call it. That only spells disaster in my book.

I'm not trying to start a war, but He is wrong for advertising one product and sending something different out.

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
14,496 Posts
:)I too have bought from mutton hollow several times. on 1 occassion it took 12 days for him to send me my ebay purchased items. I called him on it and he appologized but did nothing to compensate for the time lost. poor buisiness practice to me. I still buy from him but only when his price is way cheaper and I have a lot of time to wait .:)

·
Registered
37,967 Posts
I haven't checked out Muttonhollow's website. But if it's as Darrin suggests, he has a very good point.

I also think that you should always ask if it makes a difference. Even if not, don't assume anything. You may not know there's a difference until you get something that's not right.

If Mark is the standup guy he seems to be, he should be willing to work something out with Darrin.

Maybe Mark or someone else can post here about the Danchuk parts vs. the KSR parts and set the record straight on that too. Still waiting on that, no quick response and I'm not surprised. Nobody that's posted yet has shed any light on that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts