Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
49,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my 57 wasn`t my first car, but it was my second car. Your first car will always be the one that you don`t/can`t forget, and someday i WILL own another 1968 Chevelle. But the 57 is the one that has stolen a place in my heart, not as big as the piece my wife stole but.... . The first 1957 is still in my possesion. And that first came about in 1978, it can be viewed in my web page. I wish i had a scanner to put a pic of it when first bought, it had a later model 283, 3 speed that shifted backwards,looked like mustang bucket seats , shag carpet in the floor and glued to the roof, and the pale yellow/white top paint job with steel slotted chrome mags. Boy i still remember the first ride, towing behind a buddies car with a chain. Terry.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I

The first 57 I have owned is the one I purchased last year. Sooner or later I will get it running.

My passion for the 57 came from riding in my best friends white on white 57; Crager mags and a high stance. Ah yes, a Sun Tach was of course present.

Rather than study we would ride over to the block that had all the sorority houses were located. At Sam Houston State in Huntsville, TX they were all on the same block. We would spend some time driving around this block. So much so that I think I recall he had to rotate the tires more often than before.

Yep...those were some good time.

Don Copeland
(home tomorrow to start work again!)

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
BatterdBull said:
The first 57 I have owned is the one I purchased last year. Sooner or later I will get it running.

DITTO! Exactly my situation -- first one bought May 2005. Fell in love with 'em many years ago, love all the tri-fives just like the fins a bit! My next one will probably be a 55 -- love the way the front grill looks so aggressive!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Chevman57. Back in High School in the late 1960's, my best Friend had a 57 2 door HT with a 327 and a 4-speed (at least thats how I remember it). He drove all thru school and you always could see him coming from way down the road as it was fire engine red. Not long after graduating, I moved from Maryland to Florida and we lost touch with each other. In 2001 I went back to Maryland and checked out the old neighborhood and drove by the house that he grew up in. Sitting out front was his 57 chevy, faded paint and looking pretty bad but it still had current tags on it. I stopped at the house and talked to his Mother. He was at work but she told me he kept his first car running all these years and never would give it up. His 57 Chevy....What a powerful connection to a car...Sounds like you have the same connection with your 57. Nice car....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts