Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally finished my 'Gasser' well for the time being anyway untill winter comes when I find some more work to do, but untill then I'm just gonna drive it! Here's a couple of pics of the ol' girl...

6am at the UK Nationals, so peacefull and quiet, untill you fire her up on open headers that is...

Me and a couple of buddies parked on our club stand on show 'n' shine day...

4hrs South for it's maiden voyage, straight out the box, 180mls at 18-20mpg without a problem, it don't get much better than that...

Riding up like a cutter through ice!...

As it says really...

A local run of just 20mls next weekend and then another blast down to the 'Hotrod Drags', reckon I'm just gonna keep clocking up the miles.
Hope you like the pics,
Micky T.

·
Registered
67,335 Posts
way to go micky! :five: ..........face probably hurting from grinning all the time. :party0031:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Well I finally finished my 'Gasser' well for the time being anyway untill winter comes when I find some more work to do, but untill then I'm just gonna drive it! Here's a couple of pics of the ol' girl...

6am at the UK Nationals, so peacefull and quiet, untill you fire her up on open headers that is...

Me and a couple of buddies parked on our club stand on show 'n' shine day...

4hrs South for it's maiden voyage, straight out the box, 180mls at 18-20mpg without a problem, it don't get much better than that...

Riding up like a cutter through ice!...

As it says really...

A local run of just 20mls next weekend and then another blast down to the 'Hotrod Drags', reckon I'm just gonna keep clocking up the miles.
Hope you like the pics,
Micky T.
How do you like the ride. did it handle good on the highway.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Evil, Wicked, Mean and Nasty... I mean that in a nice way of course:burnout: Later, Dave

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
"Boys, Drive 'em while you can" Sure looks cool out there on the freeway. Bet nobody wanted to mess with you!!! Charles :wavey:

7,082 Posts
Any Trifive on the road is a pleasure to see and yours looks like "Move over Bud". Great. Thanks for posting. Lloyd

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Chevy is 'Gassered' with a '57 truck axle, it handles ok, it's what I was expecting to be honest, it does wander a little but nothing dangerous at all. I was doing a steady 65-70mph all the way down which got me my 18-20mpg. It's fitted with a 350ci and 4-speed, hooker headers and a 600cfm vac/sec Edelbrock, a decent camm and a few other bits, it's not that pretty under the hood, I reckon I ought to get everything working correctly and reliably before detailing. The pic shows a Holley 750cfm double pumper, I couldn't keep up with the fuel bill with that fitted, the Edelbrock went on straight out of the box and run just great.

The thing is with the highways over here, we have slow, middle and fast lanes and the trucks have to drive in one lane which causes furrows in the slow lane and the tyres tend to follow them which makes for some interesting driving from time to time, I'm gonna fix this by fitting some radial tyres, I've found some tall ones so far for the front and a company in the UK are dealing with someone in the states who are making a modern radial with the looks of a period tyre, the rears I'm still looking into although I've got my eye on a nice pair of bias-belted which I think will do.
My buddies car in the pic is fitted with radials and handles just fine, I put the same tyres on my '32 roadster and what a massive difference that made, the problem is I can't just put any radials on the car, I've got to keep looking untill I find the right looking set... I will!
Parked next to my pal 'Marcus' at one of the few stops we had on the way down, see how the '57 just dwarfs his rod.

Loaded to the max with tents and loads of other stuff, me and my good lady had a great 4days away and was very pleased with the way it performed overall.

I've got a nice blown 350ci for it which will make a change to the fuel bill I know, an alloy radiator, some fenderwell headers and I'm having some 22kt gold lettering on the doors this weekend, I'll post later to show you the outcome. Problem is I'm having a blast in the car and don't want to take it off the road to do the changes, it's nice and sunny at the moment... I'll wait for the snow to come first.
Speak with y'all again real soon,
Micky T.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts