Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may have read about me having issues with the 55 last week.
We ended up having to take the mundane to the Somerset Somernites Cruise.
Well I finally got out there yesterday and fiddled with it.
Seems it was some junk in the carb. I pulled the fuel filter apart first and found some metal chips, like from drilling, inside. How those got in there I don't know. The fuel tank, sender and fuel lines are all less than 5 years old. Must be left overs from tank, sender and whatever manufacturing.
Anyway, I took it back out on the road but that didn't fix the problem.
I finally just swapped the old carb back that I had swapped out a few months ago and it does fine now.

The second part of this update is regarding the steering wheel I bought while at Somerset. It's a 59 Impala wheel. It needs minor filling and paint but in really good shape.

Since my dash is red and black, I'm going to two tone the wheel red and black. My column is red, so the center will be red.

Something I hadn't noticed until I was looking at the next pic, is how this wheel is a natural for the 55-56's dash.
Notice how the center of the wheel mirrors the shape of the dash.
The inverted V mirrors the speedo and even the semi-circle of the horn ring mirrors the "eyebrow".

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
See alot of '59 Impala steering wheels on cars. Looks good. Mike.

·
Registered
67,683 Posts
looks good Jeff. :tu

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Jeff, Are you going to dig deeper, like pull the tank and look inside checking for junk inside? Seems like it has been running fine for a long time.
I like the steering wheel, it looks like it belongs there.
Hope you get to the bottom of the metal particles in the filter.
Larry From Tulare, CA :shakehands:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts