Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...I am a new member and this is my 1st thread. I am a Wynn's distributor here in Maine. 3 weeks ago I was at a car show in Maine and saw this sweet looking 55. After meeting the owner we got to talking about the car and low and behold it was the same car I had sold in 1974! It had been thru a few differant owners, and lots of wear, but it still was a 55 Hardtop Belaire. The guy had just finished a 3 year restoration on it, but his wife didn't really like the car as it was pretty rank for the street. She wanted an older Chevy SS which she could drive and it had to be an automatic, which I owned. So, I traded my 1970 Chevy SS-454 for the 55! I will down load some pictures tomorrow, but I can tell you that it is a 4 speed, 383 stroker, about 450 HP, Ford 9 " rearend with 4:30 posi's. He added disc brakes all around, but didn't change to a power brake booster. It has way too much cam, but it is at least hydraulic! It will need a few things like power steering, power brakes, milder gearing, milder cam, maybe even a floor console, front bumper.....but all in good time. The paint is flawless, and all the sheet metal is new. Interior is all new, with buckets. Let the games begin!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Welcome! I love those stories of finding a car from your past.....Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.