Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's been a little bit since I have sposted so I thought I would say hey. Here is what I have been working on. It takes a lot to get a heavy steel headed big block to work in an all steel 55, but I think I have finally got it figured out.

This is from last weekends wheelie contest.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-H9vVz0WO8

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I think the comment from the film says it all:congrats::cool:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Hang on:burnout:Later, Dave

·
Registered
845 Posts
Well it's been a little bit since I have sposted so I thought I would say hey. Here is what I have been working on. It takes a lot to get a heavy steel headed big block to work in an all steel 55, but I think I have finally got it figured out.

This is from last weekends wheelie contest.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-H9vVz0WO8
Cool ride! How do you keep the body together??????:burnout:

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
impressive! how much landing damage did you have?

·
KINGS X 56 = R.I.P. August 31, 2014Senior Member 2
2,885 Posts
Wild ride, nice air under her. How much damage you have to repair to it afterwards?

KINGS X 56

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Guys.

That was the first time it had ever got that high. Since I have finally got the suspesion to work the way it should, it would always leave with the wheels about waist high then I could shift into second and it would settle down and carry them out nicely to about 330. This was a no timed wheelie contest, so I had time to really get situated in the seat, get everything exactly the way i wanted it, put it way up on the convertor, and then kick it in the head.
It came up nicely, but this time the difference was really when I shifted into second. Like I said before, normally shifting settled the car right down and it would quit climbing. This time when I shifted, it popped right on up on the bumper mounts. When it drug the frame, it picked up the right rear tire which cuased the car to start to go right. Once it started right, I knew I had to chop power or it was gone. When I cut power, down she came. Hard. The frame cradle took most of the impact. So far the carnage constists of one slick that had about 5 passes on it, when it got up on the one slick it pushed the tire up under the body about four inches and cut it all to heck. The case on the Trans is split up both sides of the bellhousing. My tranny guy said he can fix it, if nothing else it will get a nice aftermark bell on it now. And lastely the electric fan is a total loss.... So overall, I got REALLY REALLY REALLY lucky,

I said before I went to the track last saturday that it would be her last time, she definately went out with a bang huh?

·
Registered
784 Posts
I say the video and the experience that you will always have is worth the little damage the the car sustained. Way to go! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Nice wheelie with the 55 Ol Boy. Is that US 60 dragway in Hardinsburg? I did not know the track had reopened,have been wanting to go over there for several years.Maybe I can get there in 2011.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Heck of a wheelie! I would love to see a video from the dash just like what you are experiencing.:tu
I can't even begin to describe the feeling!

Nice wheelie with the 55 Ol Boy. Is that US 60 dragway in Hardinsburg? I did not know the track had reopened,have been wanting to go over there for several years.Maybe I can get there in 2011.
Yes it is.

I say the video and the experience that you will always have is worth the little damage the the car sustained. Way to go! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks, As a buddy of mine desrcibes it, it is the funniest ride at the fair. I have riden every coaster at Ceder point, and they have nothing on my shoebox! LOL!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts