Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started reading the Trivia-Five stories posts and I first noticed that there aren't a lot of new posts but a whole bunch of older ones, so I thought I'd add some of my stuff.
Indulge Me, I'm old.
I bought my first '55 back in about 1968-69 from a lady who's husband was in Viet Nam at the time.
He told her that if she got in a bind, she could sell the car, but didn't what it was worth, what all he he'd done to it, or anything else ,for that matter!!
Long story longer, this car was IMMACULATE, NEW EVERYTHING,!!
Paint, interior, Crager mags and Goodyear tires all around, 411 post-trac rear end.
He had something done to the engine but for the life of me I can't remember what!!
Anyway, I actually lost sleep over the deal she made with me because I she really didn't know what it was worth, but she put a price on it and I drove it off, it was a steal of a (My) lifetime.
I drove the car for about a year and had a wreck in it, the insurance totaled it out and when the smoke cleared, I got to keep the car and they paid me 3 times what I had in it!!
I found an old '56 body and frame about 3 miles from where my car was stored, bought it and changed everything from the '55 to the '56.
We were living in Dallas at that time and when the car was roadworthy I took it down there to finish the changeover.
Within about a month it had been stolen but recovered, I actually got it back!!
But when the sorry S.O.B"s got it the second time,they got everything I had as far as tools, spare parts, ect.
Lost it all!!
So then about 12 years ago I'm walking out of a Harley dealership in Okla. City and I spot this '56 across the street,
and I have too go check it out.
So I buy the car and it sits in my pasture for the last 11 years before I decide I'm tired of waiting to fix it up and now I'm waiting on parts from China to be unloaded .
This really SUCKS!!!
So , that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I appreciate your patience in this matter.
And I'm tired and I'm going to bed.
Good Night Gracie.

·
Registered
68,433 Posts
good read Linn! almost time for my nap, I'm an oldfart too.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hope you enjoyed the tale, it's all true, and a whole lot of other stuff happened between the time we had the wreck and the settlement with the ins. co.
I could have written a whole story about that, and I just might anyway.
Us old farts have got to have something to do with our "Spare Time".
( I honestly believed that when I retired, I would have some "Free Time" on my hands, ).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts