Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not yet. Just sold the original engine, waiting on payment, so I hope it will be soon. I want to put the sparkplug wires back under the block. Might be easier with the heads off ;)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I haven't... probably just going to keep the heads I have since it's an odd ball motor. I was thinking of 305 heads, but no go on those either and with being unemployed at the moment..... funds are tight.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. I put that gif together one day when I was bored... been using it ever since.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Well I got the 305 heads and early 60s valve covers painted today. I even hand painted the script in silver using touch-up paint. Doesn't look too bad if I say so myself. I did find out that the exhaust 2 bolt gasket are really hard to find. AZ said no go, which I had got them there before. I think O'rielys may have them.. will find out tomarrow.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got the gaskets today at o'reilys. It's the gasket between the exhaust manifold and down tube. 2 bolt flat gasket, used in 55 & 56. 57 they went to a 3 bolt.

The script looks different in the day light..... but hey.... makes you not see the little dents in the valve covers.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Headers, LOL why... it's a 265. Plus I'm still unemployed, but I have a job interview for a CAD position, so keep your fingers crossed.

Anyway, I got the heads surfaced as well as the block. Got it all cleaned up and put the head bolts on snug. Well I found out one thing. Heads have changed some in the 30 years. 265 heads all the bolts in the rocker valley are the same size. On newer heads (305) the outer middle bolts (4) are shorter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts