Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
rodman another piece of magic when you cut out the door panels ,what was that really thin plywood?or thick cardboard//??THANKS DON`

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Sill plates are originals just cleaned, sanded and painted with a decal on the fronts where the original body by fisher plate was removed. I used masonite for the door panels only cause thats all I had. The seats are from a 2000 Chrysler Concord and bought matching material from Detroit for the door panels. I put in a cammed up 350 with a turbo 350 trans, 10 bolt rear from 79 Camaro with 2.41 gears. Two inch drop spindles on front with one coil removed, two inch blocks in rear with original saggy leafs, Coddington 17s up front and 18s on back, I have a few items bought for airride but only thing installed is compressor right now. I shaved the rear handles and the doors open by pushing down on the lock knobs. The 56 will eventually get shiny paint but its all I have to drive right now. It will be original sierra gold where the yellow primer is and black where the black primer is. I drive it every day to work in the rain, snow, or whatever mother nature puts in front of us. I even go grocery shopping with it so its REALLY a grocery getter! If I did the math right, I'm getting 19-20 MPG. The 2.41 gears really are nice for driving.

68,758 Posts
great sideshow, came out great. :five: ..........i forgot what it looked like when you got it home. beautiful transformation, great work. :tu

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I really only worked on it for a few months but had it about a year total. It kept getting something else put in front of it. It is really just in mockup. It will get completely taken apart again and the chassis removed/sandblasted. I completely gut one before paint.

·
Premium Member
11,903 Posts
Don't know how you found time to finish it and take the pics and make the slideshow as well! Great work Hafrod!

On a side note. Wasn't your mother on line here for a while? Have not seen any posts from her for quite a while.

Don

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Impressive slide show. Its great to see what you had started with and then the finished product, with all your effort in between. It looks a real gem. Happy cruisin.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts