Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have just picked up a four door post 56. I love this car. I have a 64 Nova 194 straight six to put in it. Eventually I want to header the car and dual exhaust it.the car already has an old school shackle kit in the back. It will start Ratty, and over time I will make it fine.

·
Premium Member
Chattanooga TN
5,058 Posts
Hello and welcome to trifive.com
More doors equal more fun!

·
Registered
Auckland, New Zealand
7,713 Posts
Hi there and welcome to Tri-five.com from New Zealand

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Hi & welcome.

·
Registered
66,978 Posts
hi Mecha and welcome. good to have you here. congrats, cool 56 project.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The Nova 194 six is kinda a small engine, but with the right gearing, will do the job. It's also a front sump engine; the 56 is a rear sump chassis. Not sure how that will all work out, but I think a rear sump pan will be needed. You'll need a rear sump oil pan, oil pump, and pickup. You'll also need a V-8 Tri-Five bell-housing and clutch setup to make things easier to swap in the later style six (that has a V-8 pattern bell-housing flange). One last issue with the engine, and swapping to a rear sump, you'll lose the oil dipstick; it goes through the block up by the distributor, and won't work with a rear sump; had a problem once with a rear sump 250 going into a 66 Chevy II, and also lost the dipstick. But, the cars a model 150, and I love 150's. Post your progress.One last thing, welcome. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.