Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked this car up at a car show on 6/13 in west Springfield ma for what ideally was a great price. Came with moon eyes and brand new cooker wide whites. I also bought a set of 1957 plates that will go on next year when I do antique insurance. So far I need to order rockers panels and an upper cowl which both have some bad rust problems.

So far I have ordered a new gas tank and gas tank straps to replace my current tank that leaks if I put more then 8 gallons in it.

Does anyone happen to know where I can buy a good looking front plate bracket by any chance?
A few pics for you guys

Thanks for looking. Comments feedback or advice is always welcomed

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice looking longroof. Best of luck with it. I hate to be stupid, but have to ask what is a linear plate bracket??
Sorry front plate bracket. I'm on my phone at work and didn't catch it auto corrected on me. Going to correct it in the post

·
Registered
173 Posts
That wagon has been for sale for quite awhile...if I remember correctly, it had some pretty serious upper cowl rot...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That wagon has been for sale for quite awhile...if I remember correctly, it had some pretty serious upper cowl rot...
It does sadly. I am actually looking around at venders to order one right now.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm sure the vendors will have the front plate bracket you want ,too.:tu
Yeah I've seen them I just don't know anything about tri five part vendors or quality. Probably will just order one until I find a good quality vender for all my parts

·
Registered
67,729 Posts
congrats, good looking wagon. have fun with it. :tu

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was titled as a 210. i wanna go through the vin to find out exactly what ot os and came from the factory with. It looks so much better in pics then in real life. Hopefully by next year I'm hoping the few rusty spots will be fixed.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Took the wagon to a local cruise night. There were a ton of tri fives there and a lot of the owners were pretty cool and giving me advice on we're to go for parts. Ill post some pics when I get home from work and can use my comp

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Haven't been able to do anything to the car other then stock up on parts. But while I was out finding parts for my dads 50 Chevy a guy gave me a old school jack that he was going to scrap. Well I finally unloaded from my truck and found out it works great. Now I just have to clean if up. Not bad for a free jack.

Hopefully once the body shop finishes my dad's truck I can start posting some real progress pics of my wagon.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well between leaving my job to go back to school and just life in general I ha e had zero time or money to put into the wagon. But today I decided to pull the old motor out that was burning oil and just like absolute crap. Hopefully next weekend I can drop in another 350 I have and start driving my car a little more

1 - 18 of 18 Posts