Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,this here is my 57 gasser, i bought it last year from a guy over here that had imported it from the US, the story goes that it was built in the late 60s and he did show me a picture of it on the strip at pomona i think!,it was dark blue back then and had the glassfibre front that it still has. i have totally stripped it and re done the suspension,i junked the front cart springs and fitted coilovers and hairpins and added a panhard rod,all the geometry was wrong so i dialled in some caster and kingpin incline.i have retained the rear cart springs but added some ladder bars slightly triangulated to eliminate axle sway.i have re made the chassis crossmembers as i wasnt happy with the welding. engine is a 70 vette 350 with 350 box,its gonna get a full rebuild and will be adorned with a weiand tunnel ram that i picked up at a swap meet and a hilborne scoop atop twin holleys. chassis was put together just today after i painted it earlyer in the week.it has several coats of 2k blackest black and clearcoat.axles and components have several coats of gunmetal metallic base and lots of clear.body will be going on next week to fit the floor and firewall and rear tubs.it will be finished in black with gunmetal roof and side flash,wanted a 57 since i was 12 years old so now i have one some 26 yrs later, im gonna make sure she turnes out the way i always dreamed of. i know you wont believe me but all the work is done by my own hands,never was one for barbie and nail polish!!!!!!!!!:party0031:

Attachments

·
Registered
66,285 Posts
chassis looks great, very nice work. :five: ................for a girl (just kidding) :winking0070:

·
Registered
12,081 Posts
That's really impressive! Very well done! :tu:tu:tu
Looking forward to see some more on the coming progress

(BTW, the date/time set in your camera seems slightly off :cool:)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Very nice indeed, your going to like that ride when it's done.

Good work.
Gil

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,152 Posts
Nice Job Emma :tu
Keep those photo's coming

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,368 Posts
Looking awsome! I like the direction you're taking the project. It'll truly look like a car not to be messed with!
Keep us updated :tu

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great lookin project!! nice work so far!.. is that a 60 Chevy parked next to it?..
hi donnie, yea thats my 60 belair,it is holier than the popes pants but it was gonna get crushed and i had to save it,its been here from new and was a government car and its only done 62000 miles.its gonna become a "bel-camino" tow car for the 57.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts