Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To All,

Good Evening!!!

It's been over a year and a half since I was last on... My last posts were about installing the headliner in the '57. Well, I tried it, with help from many replies form our members here! I thought it was going good, until a few days later, and I found myself with a screwed up shoulder. It was not only the headliner, but all the sanding and lifting heavy stuff, that blew out my rotator cuff, bicep tendon and a few other things in the right shoulder...took me out all last year from working on the car....!!!!

Fast forward to the New Year...job took me to the Chicago area for the first three months doing work for Navistar in Lisle, IL.

Since the first of April it has been full steam ahead, whenever I get time... that is, to get the car on the road.....!!! By the middle of July it should see the road as a driveable vehicle.... It has been almost 15 years since she was all together!!!!

This past week has seen her get the front and rear glass installed....I have had to pay for some things that I would have done myself, but, the shoulder is still not the same...possibly going back in again!

Thanks for the long read and I hope to touch base with all of the friends I have met here....again soon!!!!

Pete

Attachments

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Looks real good to me. Only 15 years, my has been out of service for 27. Hoping to have it done by the 4th of July. I have been telling people that for 27 years too just never put a year with it but I am hoping for this year. Wish me luck.

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
You have one of my favourite colors :)

Take care of your health first :tu

Making plenty of progress, great idea with the rear brake light :congrats:

·
Registered
67,715 Posts
looking good peter, hope the shoulder gets better. :tu

·
Registered
283 Posts
Rotator cuff

To All,

Good Evening!!!

It's been over a year and a half since I was last on... My last posts were about installing the headliner in the '57. Well, I tried it, with help from many replies form our members here! I thought it was going good, until a few days later, and I found myself with a screwed up shoulder. It was not only the headliner, but all the sanding and lifting heavy stuff, that blew out my rotator cuff, bicep tendon and a few other things in the right shoulder...took me out all last year from working on the car....!!!!

Fast forward to the New Year...job took me to the Chicago area for the first three months doing work for Navistar in Lisle, IL.

Since the first of April it has been full steam ahead, whenever I get time... that is, to get the car on the road.....!!! By the middle of July it should see the road as a driveable vehicle.... It has been almost 15 years since she was all together!!!!

This past week has seen her get the front and rear glass installed....I have had to pay for some things that I would have done myself, but, the shoulder is still not the same...possibly going back in again!

Thanks for the long read and I hope to touch base with all of the friends I have met here....again soon!!!!

Pete
Been through the rotator cuff thing. Not fun. Leaves you weaker. Good to hear you're doing better. Hang in there.

John

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the good wishes!!!!

It is coming along... Sometimes when you think you're moving forward...something sets you back a few steps. I am not trying to build a show car, but, don't want to work on her all the time when she is finished....except for all the cleaning and polishing that goes along with having a car this big!!!

Once she is proven to be road worthy...she will be making some of the shows around the states....!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,927 Posts
Pete, that car looks too good to sit in a garage. Whether you do the work yourself, or have someone else do it, you need to be driving and having fun. Best of luck getting her completed.

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
:):tu Your '57 is looking good, Pete! That's one of my favourite colours. Wish you all the best and hope to hear that you have her on the road again soon.

Take care of that shoulder and don't overdo. I have a bad shoulder and knees, so know what that's like. Have been dealing with back issues since the 12th. Hasn't resolved on its own in that time, so have an appointment with the same surgeon who operated on me in '98. Hoping meds and physical therapy will take care of it this time.

:anim_32:

Harry

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I feel your pain blew my right shoulder, had surgery, need done again 12 months later. To ad insult to injury i blew my left shoulder overdoing things last week.
You are a lot farther along than i in my build. Hope you can be driving her sooner rather than later, She looks to goood to be sitting around.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
I meant to tell you, I had to have both mine done and its a full year in healing and for the pain to leave......:tu
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks to all for the well wishes...heard from the doc today...he says a bad sprain....I'm thinking second opinion...!!! Range of motion is still limited... More PT...we'll see!!!

Talked to our fabricator that I want to make my exhaust system...coming over tomorrow night to check out the car... Hope to leave it with him for the next week while I am on vacation and it will (hopefully) be complete when I get back...!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts