Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

It was exactly a month ago when I posted that my '57 wagon lost Drive went down to Low all of of sudden as I was going down the freeway. I have to hand to Roy-55copper for diagnosing the problem, he said pull the PG governor and check the gear, sure enough the teeth were worn, so it was not spinning to do it's job, which is controlling the shift to D from L, bingo!

I sent Roy an email with my phone number, he emailed me back and said he had an extra PG governor that he would send me, I asked him how much he needed and he said nothing, just give me your address and I will send it to you, that's right "no charge". I had a wonderful talk on the phone with him about these great classics we love so much and I have to say, he is one smart man when it comes to these cars and PGs. Roy if your reading this, "Thank you Sir!", you made my day and I will find a way to repay your kindness and generosity.

On another note, when I was under the car looking around, I noticed there was a slightly leaky freeze plug and the power steering control valve had a leak too, since it's up on the ramps might as well fix these items, replaced the steel plug with a brass one and did a rebuild kit on the PS CV, test drove the car on the open road today, car shifted smooth from L to D with no problems, Drive works!, got home and checked the fluid levels, all is good. Sure felt good driving the '57 again after it sitting for a month.

Thank you for reading. Hope that I can get the chance to help a member here when they need an answer or a part, this is a great website of members and I am glad to be here.

:blowtiedb:

68,758 Posts
its great to hear these kind of stories. it just doesn't get any better than the members here. :04: ............way to go roy. :five:

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
Great story! Good job Roy! That's what makes this forum the best!!!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Helping a member is worth more then the part, have done the same many times for Corvette people because others have sent me a part also for free! glade I could help :)

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Helping a member is worth more then the part, have done the same many times for Corvette people because others have sent me a part also for free! glade I could help :)
EXCELLENT!!! I love a happy ending:happy0065:Later, Dave

·
Registered
1957 Belair wagon, 51 HenryJ
1,878 Posts
Great to hear the longroof is back on the road, even better that a fellow car guy got you going, good day.

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Most of the members have forgotten more than some of us will ever know,even if we live to be 100.
And the great thing is the way that they are willing to share.
One of my problems is that I have forgotten most of the useful information that I had accumulated over the years,however like many others, the "crap memories" are still there just waitin to come out and kick my tail yet again.

·
Premium Member
11,903 Posts
Glad to see you are still out there helping people Roy! Some day I hope to get up there to see that prize ride you have.

Don

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you guys for your posts, hope to help a member in need and pass on the giving like Roy. Went for cruise today and so far so good, GO TRIFIVES!. :) I want to see Roy's '55 Corvette too.

:blowtiedb:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
This is my 55 , owned for over 36 years and I drive it all the time 118,000 original miles , all original even the engine.:auto14:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts