Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Melvin Davis was a 42 year conductor on BNSF railroad. He retired 1n 89. His hobby was Live steam model railroading. On his home property he had track laid out so he could run the locomotive into the garage at waist level for maintanace. he had an oval layout on extra property he had purchased. Part of the layout was on an elevated trestle. 2 of his 3 sons also worked for the railroad.
On the trip home I saw a 2 tone White over turquoise Harley pretty close to Chevy colors.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I've heard of that Melvin Davis, he lived in Creston, Iowa. I lived there for about 8 years in the late 80's to early 90's. I go back for the 4th of July activities.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
We have a local club here called The Maumee Live Steamers, the founding member Val passed a couple year ago, at 95 and was a friend of my dad. He hand built an articulated Alagany loco and tender that was about twelve foot long. He never got to run right as he insisted on running it on coal, when propane would have made it workable. The model in in a museum some where in coal country.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts