Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Tri-Five-ers! Since joining a few weeks back, I have met some great and talented people here. The knowledge base available here is incredible and will come in handy as my project gets underway.

Thought I would share the progress and invite your thoughts and advice.
With the help of some good friends, this ’57 will become my daily driver and a great hobby too. David Cripps of Westside Rods in Red Bluff, CA is doing the mechanical resto, I and another friend will do paint next Spring.

Some details:
It’s a 3100 Deluxe Cab built in L.A. with the 235 l6 and a 4 on the floor.
2:73 rear end
New Wiring, Tilt column with power steering.
5 lug Chevy pattern wheels, front discs, rear drums.
No rust, straight frame.

I’ll post the pics and progress and the details of the project soon. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Very nice truck, doesn't look like there is much to do with it except drive it and enjoy. Have fun.

Barry

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the feedback!

I considered keeping the six in place, but for the amount of driving I'll be doing, I opted for a S/B 350 along with a 350 turbo AT, & A/C.

The truck is not wearing original paint. I plan on something original or very close to original as far a paint and trim goes. No shaving, Frenching, scraping, bagging, electric windows, etc.

The work has started:

Hood and fenders off

Bed removed

and powerplant out

Gas tank pulled and filler port patched

more to follow!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Latest Update

Moving along steadily. The rear end was modified by a previous owner who installed 2:73 gears. It's like new and will work well with a turbo350 AT.

Thanks to all for the encouragement and kind words. Here we go:

Front suspension going in:

Gas tank and leaf spring kit installed:

Adding some axel clearance:

AC installed, goodbye glove compartment.

New tilt column to accommodate the AT shifter:

Fitting out the trailer hitch:

Patched all but the original holes in the firewall:

To be continued...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.