Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
That is really one fine looking car. You shouldn't have too much trouble finding a buyer....sorry to hear you have to let her go!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
So, I'm sitting here feelin' bad for ya, but then I got to thinkin' -- how the heck much does it cost to move? I moved an entire house full of stuff from Wisco to Florida for under $4,000, but that was almost 20 years ago. Does it cost $20k to move now? If not, can't you find a better way to raise the dough? Sure hate to see you lose this car. :eek:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I had to raise money to pay off my truck. Plus I have to put myself up where I will be working while I try to sell my house. My wife has to work up here for three months until my heath insurance will kick in. And I have to pay to drive six hours each way each weekend during that transition time. So it's a little complicated. The car was sold today as a result of the Goodguys show in INDY. There are plenty cars where I'm going to work though, I'll be back in the game in no time.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Congrats on selling the car! Good luck with the new job and the relocation.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I'm just going through the motions right now. I have to do a lot of figuring to see if I can move yet.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Dude!

oh man... I was not on my toes this weekend!

1) how did I miss this post?

2) how did I miss your ebay listing for almost 24 hours?

I am "thehazmatguy480" that asked you about your car on ebay! My dad called me from Montana, "You should check this out, item number....." He knew that your car was perfect for me.

I totally fell in love with your car, and was ready for some bidding action! Seriously, I have been totally sick since Sunday about not getting a chance to buy your car. It was Exactly what I have been looking for, and you were even realistic about the cars value. (that's why I asked about selling price in the e-mail. I have blown a lot of time on guys that think they have $20K cars)

*sniffle*

Sorry you had to sell your car. It's a beautiful ride, I can see why you would be really upset to see it go.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, sorry. I may be sorry I didn't hold out for more, but I think I was fair with what I sold for. I shouldn't regret what I got for it. I had a friend take a flyer to Goodguys in Indianapolis. I wasn't ready to sell so I kindof drug my feet. A guy called Sunday morning and said he wanted to stop by because I am on his way home. He showed up with an empty trailer because he just sold a GTO (that meant cash in hand). My friend had told me to post $12,500 and $10,000 would be real good for bottom dollar. Honestly, I traded a 53 Chevy Coupe I street rodded for it ($4000-$5000 and a ton of time plus flawless paint) even up for this 55. The 55 really is VERY solid, I wouldn't have said that only to be embarrased by someone picking it apart. The buyer was impressed. We settled for $9000, I can't regret that. The car is a good start, but paint work isn't cheap. It needed upholstery, windshield, weatherstripping, and details. The car is tight mechanically though, I took care of that first. I can beat myself up to no end analyzing the sale, but I think I made a fair amount, and the buyer bought it right. *sniffle* here too.
I think I need a rougher one anyway, there's nothing like a GASSER. I couldn't alter that car for that. I'll be around!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I gotta say, the buyer got a good deal, and so did you if you're happy with it. Isn't that the definition of a good deal -- one that you're happy with?

Congrats on selling it so fast. I sold a car in one day once because a guy showed up with cash and no questions. I really pissed off another guy who wanted time to think about it, take it to his mechanic, and expected me to hold the car until he did these things! Cash speaks, and sometimes it's better than trying to dicker and get a little more and spend too much time doing it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts