Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

My first Tri-Five

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  angs1957 
#1 · (Edited)
My first tri-five was a 1955 Bel-Air Convertible. It was white with a red interior and black top, 265, Powerglide. I paid $250 for it , this was in 1964.

I got it off the back row of a used car lot on Washington Ave in Houston Texas. I saved up the $250 from a paper route after school, I delivered the Houston Chronicle. I was 16 years old.

The first time I went to get a State Inspection Sticker. The guy pulled his headlamp aiming machine up to the left headlight. He asked me if I had been hunting ***** with the car. Confused, I asked what he meant by that. He said this headlight is pointing up in the trees. He took his fist and smacked the top of the fender, the headlight dropped down and he said "There, that ought to do it" and gave me my inspection sticker. That fender was about 30% bondo.

The demise of my first occurred in the middle of an intersection. The "slip and slide Powerglide" decided it was time to quit with me in the middle half way through a left turn and we got T-boned by an oncoming car at 30mph. It pushed me across the intersection and into a phone pole on the corner. That was all she wrote for me and the 1955.

I did sell what was left for $50 to a guy from Washington state who was going to rebuild her to all her glory. Hopefully she lived on. :p3:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.