Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered and received a soft seal firewall pad seal. The part I received was nothing like the picture on the web site or any other web site. I called and was told I had to send in pictures which I did i received a call saying they check and its the right part even tho it does not match their picture. I had ordered some part that were on back order and told the guy put me on hold. When he came back he said that he would pay shipping back but the part would have to be verified as wrong before I would get my money back.
Maybe its a updated part but I can not find one like it any where. I guess I will be taking my business some where else.

Update
Classic just called me back and they are sending a return label!! Glad they are stepping up and taking care of this.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
LOOKS LIKE THE WEATHERSTRIP THAT GOES ACROSS THE TOP OF THE FIREWALL/COWL SECTION SO THE HOOD(AT THE REAR) CLOSES AGAINST IT.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There part number is tf100309 on Soffseal which has part number 1235.
My first thought was the wrong part was put in the bag.

·
Registered
37,239 Posts
Sounds like the description in their listing is what's wrong - not the part itself.

I didn't realize that the "firewall pad" had a seal. Still don't. I wonder what they showed a photo of?

But how are you to know without going through this?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
37,239 Posts
Looks like a strip of thin rubber.

And yes, there's a piece like that which is part of a new (or old) firewall pad. You shouldn't have to buy it separately.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think the big problem is dealing with someone who has no idea what the parts are that they sell. Classic has way too many parts and to many lines they are selling to know every part they sell.

·
Premium Member
15,889 Posts
They definitely sent you the wrong part whether it was packed/labeled wrong or otherwise. I do have a question for you, How do you plan on installing the new seal when you do finally get it without destroying the firewall pad itself? The original seal is sewn onto the pad and the pad is very likely as brittle as the original seal is. What is wrong with your original seal?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The old seal is long gone. I did not get that far. I was think I would either use spray glue or 3m on it. The reason I was wanting one is my carpet is a little short and thought the seal would clean it up.

·
Premium Member
15,889 Posts
The old seal is long gone. I did not get that far. I was think I would either use spray glue or 3m on it. The reason I was wanting one is my carpet is a little short and thought the seal would clean it up.
Gluing it may hold it for a short period of time but it won't last long.

·
Registered
37,239 Posts
The best way to deal with the firewall pad is to get rid of it.

Put some Dynamat (or preferably clone) on the firewall and extend your carpet up the firewall. Put some carpet welting on the exposed edges if you're dealing with existing carpet or a kit.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just received a call from a supervisor from Classic Industries and he agreed its not the correct seal and is looking at making things right.

·
Official Trifive Sponsor
31 Posts
Thank You

I just received a call from a supervisor from Classic Industries and he agreed its not the correct seal and is looking at making things right.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Upon inspection of our inventory, we discovered that the product was mislabeled/misbagged by our supplier. We have pulled all remaining stock from the shelves to return to them and will reorder correct product from the vendor. In the meantime, we have expedited your order. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street
Huntington Beach, Ca 92648

Phone Toll Free: 800-854-1280
Web: www.classicindustries.com

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
As mentioned before, that seal is sewn unto the pad. How are you going to install a replacement? All old pads I have had will fall apart if you handle them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts