Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I was gonna take my '55 down to my fathers to do some target shooting.So I load up the car with the necessities and get in and fire it up and back it out of the shop and realize that a brake is hanging up because the car stopped right when I threw the clutch in.I jack it up and the left rear needs an adjustment so as I am adjusting it I see some fluid pouring onto the ground as I didnt shut the car of to let it warm up.I jump up open the hood and get a whiff of fuel.I shut it down and rip the aircleaner off and discover a ruptured fuel line at the carb and the drop down aircleaner base had deflected fuel from the underside of the hood but the motor is drenched.I was lucky enough to have a garden hose right there and hose the motor down so it doesnt catch on fire.I disconnect the battery for safety and push it back in the garage.I had to wash down the pavement as well.I am glad I didnt get the chance to drive off and have it catch on fire!I am happy that I decided to re-adjust the brake.Then I goto my fathers in my truck,shot alittle then worked on his '46 Ford buisness coupe.I left there and went to my brothers to get my chopsaw and as I am swinging it over the side of my HD the dust containment bag pops of and I end up looking like a powdered donut,uhhh wheres my drink?Thanks for listening.
GREG

·
Registered
12,462 Posts
:D:D
one thing that comes to mind... How was the target shooting? Did you hit anything...
Based on your other experiences ...were there perhaps some strange screaming at the same time you were doing your shooting... have you checked... :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BAD DAY

I hope this doesnt happen again to me or any of you guys either,it coulda turned out alot different.
ANDERSSONBROS-hey those screams stopped just before I left so everything should be ok.The shooting wasnt great either,I drank to much coffee and had the jitters,couldnt hold the gun steady at all.
GREG

·
Registered
12,462 Posts
...ANDERSSONBROS-hey those screams stopped just before I left so everything should be ok.The shooting wasnt great either,I drank to much coffee and had the jitters,couldnt hold the gun steady at all.
GREG
:tu Good to hear. :D
I'll bet all that gun waving was caused by your thoughts on the poor '55
I have the same problem when my baby is sick

68,758 Posts
you got to get some lotto tickets, your a lucky man. :five: ......powder donuts! :eating:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
At least you wern't stopped along side the road someplace with your fuel leak... Lucky indeed Later, Dave

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Pretty lucky circumstances let you find that leak when you did. Earlier in the Summer I had something similar when I pulled mine out to let it warm up, I happen to walk around the front and saw something leaking under the car, turns out my fuel filter was leaking.:eek:

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I hope this doesnt happen again to me or any of you guys either,it coulda turned out alot different.
ANDERSSONBROS-hey those screams stopped just before I left so everything should be ok.The shooting wasnt great either,I drank to much coffee and had the jitters,couldnt hold the gun steady at all.
GREG
I've had days like that too, it's just a waste of good ammo. Dave

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got to thinking of the fuel leak issue that I had and was thinking someone was watching from above.We lost 2 good people this week that I worked with,one from leukemia and one to mesotheleoma.Both were into cars in one way or another and the lady that died of mesotheleoma was a good friend and co-worker.I didnt know the other co-worker as well as her but he was a roll-off truck driver and a darn good one.I am think it was them maybe or my mother.I am not a super religeous person but you never know.
Thomas,I think you are right on the money with those thoughts of what coulda happened,time to get some full coverage insurance.
Dave,it was a waste of ammo and had a hard time sighting in my rifle,ugh.
Oh and I forgot to get lotto tickets and I shouldnt have forgotten that!
GREG

1 - 14 of 14 Posts