Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my mom fell to the ground in front of me and my brother, like 2 yrs ago
When my brother came from canada to visit and baptize his first kid, and that time she broke a foot, this time a wrist, I took her to the hospital and my brother took his wife and kids to their granmas house, Afterwards, I said, everytime my brother comes, you brake a bone. I guess It was ment to happen, just that a little help is good so I can work, God has his own ways, and know it all.Thank God.

Getting to the hospital I help her walk in there and I was holding her broken wrist 'cause when that hapen, there is not strengh in that portion of her, just too much pain, It has to be held steady, and she fainted, I held her the best I could without letting go of the wrist, And an older, very nice man helped me take her to a chair, I almost lost grip of her fainting in front of me, But with one hand only available, having to walk and drag her to a chair I think It was too much, thank god that guy helped me. And then he used the paperwork, that I was supposed to fill out her info in to blow some fresh air in her.She was sweatting a lot.

I broke my two wrists when I was a kid. BAD, Even worse than she did this time, My arm was 3/4 the lenght it was supposed to be and the shape was unconcievable, At 12 and again at 16, that's why I was more worried about the wrist, It would hurt too much later, and a LOT. Experience.
In the end the doctor spent three hours stabilyzing her blood preassure and didnt even look at the broken bones, It was too low preassure, but she came out of it just fine, it was the pain, stress, and fear that got her there, and then with some anesthesia they put the bones back in place, no pain, and she's supposed to be all right, My brother was there in 20 minutes, with his wife.

I just want your prayers and wish her a good recovery, cause her dream has always been to play the piano, and she loves that, needs it, and she's scared and asking for everybodies prayers.

I think I just want her to be as she's always been,

Thanks a lot,
very happy mom, 2 kids, 2 grand kids, and especially, Matthew, our Godson, The bad kid in the neighborhood, Just kidding, but she will always preffer him over any of the kids I may ever have.

BTW, she has always supported my brothers and my love for cars, but you just blame it on my dad, he brought me home in a 58 bel air 4 dr ht, and my brother (4 years earlier) in their first car a studebeaker.
One day I'll buy hin a car, I hope live's not too short.

Thanks for your prayers.

Alex

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Our thoughts are with your family and especially your mum. I hope she is back on her feet again really soon. Best wishes, Pete.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
my thoughts and prayers are with your mother and family

68,758 Posts
prayers for her ( you and family) are sent. we are here for you alex.

·
Registered
188 Posts
We will keep your mom in our prayers, mom's are kind of special. I pray for a complete healing and look forward to hear the news that she is playing the piano again. Blessings brother.:anim_25:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
today after work I went to see my mom, she looks just the same as any time before, Just good, and she ate a lot, Good too, her wrist doesn't hurt, and she feels good with her cast, but the doctors are more worried about her heart, she's like nothing happened.
God work wonders and If she never had broke her wrist, when her heart just start hurting in the future, It may be kinda late for a treatment and a recovery,
So, even when you are feeling that some bad bird crap on you, (or your mom, in my case), know that Its not for nothing, God is there, and by seeing that there is a light in the tunnel, You know there is a reason, and what else would you know, There is also a solution,
On wednesday the cardiologist, (heart doc) will do a more in depth check on her and know wheater she needs an easy syringe whith watever stuck to her heart or a full heart surgery,(open heart) She's kind of scared but I'm not, I'll be there for her, even If I get in trouble anywhere,

WORK, The president of the company I work for, better known as the "queen" (sorry british people), wanted to get a mapquest of where I live and come pick up my work van 'cause I was late (an hour), I talked to him, told her what had happened and he told me, "You take care of your mom", I almost slap him trough the phone, just for being stupid beyond belief and a BIG hypocrit,
Earn my respect or don't ever talk to me, I'm radical in my ways, but I'm also a very respecfull and fair person, I'm not a nice guy, hopefully just with my mom
My brother covered me up all night and day with my mom so good that I have to say that he deserve more credit than me, lots of! he and his wife were great, He spent all night there and didn't sleep taking care of her, They have 4 yr old boy and a 1 and a half yr old girl, the kind of kids that would take your trifive while you're sleeping and you'll never know it, Opps, they are just like me, a lot of trust from my side going their way, I'm their preffered uncle, so I't works out, I can give'em time out when they act like me,
:congrats:

To all of you that are praying for my mom, She's in debt with you, And from me. Thanks so muck, because when she's gone, there is no other like her, regardless of how good the other women look,:wavey:

My mom will be 65 on wednesday, the day of her knowing whats going on, and her heart test, that sucks, but my card will be about her birthday, not her recovery. With this crowd, She's golden and she'll be fine, so help us God, As I said when I sworn in and became an american citizen.

Thanks a lot guys, there are things that go beyond understanding and prayers are the best.
Thanks
Alex

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,414 Posts
Prayers sent. Hang in there.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great news

Now, at this point, my mom dont need (apparently) anything done to her heart, She fainted just because of the bone pain, fear; (and age, I guess,)

She turned 65 today, We all went to see her and brough a beautifull cake, a buterfly ballon, and a candle holder with a boy and a girl holding the candle, her grandkids, they were there too, tearing the room apart, and she loved every minute of it. Her best friend also spent a long time there, and my best friend Who said that my mom was so happy and feeling so good that I know It's true, She gave my mom the best gift ever, Flowers

Anyway, tomorrow she'll get the orthopedics to do something on her wrist, so it won't go out of place (the bones stay where they should, so it heals well) and she's supposed to go home tomorrow or friday.

I'm happy with this and want to hav'er home again.
Another sign that she's feeling good is that she was arguing with me today and even got mad, I told her, that that was good, and gave her a kiss, so happy I was, and she smiled...She's not that grumpy anyway.

Many thanks and a round of good stuff going your way, for all of you that answered and posted something, that gave us strengh. It really worked to have that many people with at least a little prayer once in a while.

Sorry for the long posts, but the good news have to be shared right away, 'cause the bad news come on their own.

Thanks again, and be good, 'cause I'm not, I'm only good when I'm needed.

After she's home and all is good, I'll let you all know

Thanks, Alex :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My mom is home

She is home, my brother brough her and she is all good and happy, some pain, but is all good, just the fracture to worry about, heart problems and everything else is not to worry at the moment, she just need a lot of kisses and flowers once in a while, and for us to have the medicine bottles and milk open, so she can get to them (It's imposible to her to open a med bottle with one hand!
So, we're all happy to be worrying about the little stuff, 'cause the impt is all good.

Thanks a lot, now back to making plans about the 57.

Alex

·
Registered
11,220 Posts
Alex I pray your family is doing well today.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts