Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbor came over today and asked me if I would take a ride with him to look at a '57 Chevy 210. He said it looked clean. I asked him if it was a 2 or 4 door and he said he didn't know???????? Okay, then how much are they asking. He said 28,000.00. I'm thinking that is a lot of money and he doesn't know if its a 2 or 4 door. Sounds like hes a anxious. So ,I told him to look on this site for any for sale. Don't know if he did or not. but I think it would be best if he worked with a consigner. I do think a person could pick up a real decent car for that much. He is looking for an original looking car. No customs or modifies. Any opinions. I don't want to submit anything in the classified because I don't know how serious he is about purchasing a car. If he wants to commit then I'll have him submit in the classified.

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
My neighbor came over today and asked me if I would take a ride with him to look at a '57 Chevy 210. He said it looked clean. I asked him if it was a 2 or 4 door and he said he didn't know???????? Okay, then how much are they asking. He said 28,000.00. I'm thinking that is a lot of money and he doesn't know if its a 2 or 4 door. Sounds like hes a anxious. So ,I told him to look on this site for any for sale. Don't know if he did or not. but I think it would be best if he worked with a consigner. I do think a person could pick up a real decent car for that much. He is looking for an original looking car. No customs or modifies. Any opinions. I don't want to submit anything in the classified because I don't know how serious he is about purchasing a car. If he wants to commit then I'll have him submit in the classified.
The '57 could be worth that much?That's a hard call
if he can't tell you more about it.Are you going with
him to have a look at it?
My friend came by today with his appraisal for his freshly built
'56 Bel Air 2dr. sedan and it was appraised at $115,000.00.
Although this '56 is customized and modified I thought it would
give an indication on what an original in pristine or descent
condition may be worth.Your Nomad must be a six figures car.

:bowtieb::bowtier::bowtieb::bowtier::bowtieb:

Doug

·
Administrator
50,547 Posts
So did he ever go look at the 57 yet? If it has been restored it could easily be worth 28k. What is his budget to spend on a car?
Terry

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The '57 could be worth that much?That's a hard call
if he can't tell you more about it.Are you going with
him to have a look at it?
My friend came by today with his appraisal for his freshly built
'56 Bel Air 2dr. sedan and it was appraised at $115,000.00.
Although this '56 is customized and modified I thought it would
give an indication on what an original in pristine or descent
condition may be worth.Your Nomad must be a six figures car.

:bowtieb::bowtier::bowtieb::bowtier::bowtieb:

Doug
Thanks for the vote of confidence Doug. I thought of trying to put a price on my Nomad , but its hard to put a price on "LOVE":sign0020:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like you & your nomad has rubbed a bit of Trifive itch to your neighbour.

For that type or money you would think that its either a coupe or 2dr sedan.

:anim_25:
Now that you mentioned it, Angs ,maybe he was "fishing"? After I got it painted he was over throwing figures at me and I'd just smiled and said "I don't think so".

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like he needs a friend to help him with this or he'll end up getting ripped off.
I agree Fiddy5, but I don't want the responsibility of making a decision for him. That is why I think it would be best if he did this "professionally" Like through a consigner. Or find an appraiser that will tell him if he's on the right track.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.