Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought members would like to see some my brothers creations. We raced using only bbc against the hemi's. late raced in 74 against the snake and won. Not like it used to be. image.jpg

·
Registered
Auckland, New Zealand
7,795 Posts
Thought members would like to see some my brothers creations. We raced using only bbc against the hemi's. late raced in 74 against the snake and won. Not like it used to be. View attachment 80897
Hi Mike, thanks for the old pictures, very cool.

I think you need to post these topics in the chit-chat area, as the Welcome, say hello is for new members to introduce themselves.

·
Registered
67,707 Posts
good old days, thanks mike. :tu

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
Thought members would like to see some my brothers creations. We raced using only bbc against the hemi's. late raced in 74 against the snake and won. Not like it used to be. View attachment 80897
Did you ever race against Sam Gianino maybe in Gainsville?He is my friend, neighbor and a bowtie-trifive member(But has yet to post) under Sammy G. here.He made the covers of almost every magazine and is building another 57 HT.His silver car wins awards every time it shows but of coarse I have pointed out the flaws.(Is`nt that what friends do?)His wife Linda built the carbs for there motors and when they ran 9 inchers she would change the center chunks at the track(marring type for sure).One of his last races for the championships he built both motors and and the end of the track he blew the Dana 60 and lost.Love sitting down and hear them relive those times.
http://www.mmshof.org/inductees/Gianino_Sam.html

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sammy G

@borntorun not sure if my brother Rapid Ronnie Runyan who campaigned 4 fuel funny cars from 1966 to 73 ever raced Sammy G. I joined the USAF in 1970 - 1991. P.S, your 57 Chevy is sweet. Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts