Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've talked about it long enough, so now I've finally done it.:eek: I have finally posted some pictures of my all original, unrestored '55 BelAir 2dr sedan. :D If you would like to look at them they are in the Photo Gallery.:p
I welcome your comment, suggestions:eek:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Looking Good! I'm jealous.....everything is still pretty green in your area!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Beautiful '55 PaPa Mike!
My second '55 was a Bel Air with posts. Same colors too! I had big plans for that car. My wife and I were expecting our second child so the car was sold to help buy diapers and formula. A lot of diapers and formula!!!!! Awesome car Mike! Thanks for the pics.

Tom

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And you want to rebuild it? Why? That 55 looks good. I wouldn`t want to tear it down.
Terry
Ya'll see now why I just hate to start strippin' stuff off,:p I'm having way too much fun just driving it around.:D Only problem is that there are some areas that are going to need attention soon to prevent cancerous growth. plus the interior is getting very rough, as in all the seat foam has totally disintergrated.etc :eek:

Anywho, thanx for your comments:cool:

·
Administrator
49,355 Posts
Mike that looks like a situation to were i would just take on one area at a time and keep the projects to were they could be accomplished in a few weekends or a month at a time so as not to put the car out of commission for an extended period. Just my thoughts.
Terry

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
That's kinda what I was thinking, but I really want to get the body stripped and painted and that's what's going to take so long.
The pictures don't show the cracking paint and the rough areas on the passenger door and side, some minor rust issues on the front fenders above the headlights etc.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looking Good! I'm jealous.....everything is still pretty green in your area!
Took these pictures the same day I posted them, this part of NC don't usually brown out till late Dec. or early Jan.:D Got a couple oak trees that the leaves don't fall off till the new ones push them off in late March or early April.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I'd like to get my car out, take her for a ride, and have some fun, fun, fun! I'm also jealous! :)

We're just getting into our "nice weather" season that should last several months....perfect for working on the car and perfect for driving with the windows down (the only way for me since I don't have A/C and I'm sure the heater doesn't work either!)

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'd like to get my car out, take her for a ride, and have some fun, fun, fun! I'm also jealous! :)

We're just getting into our "nice weather" season that should last several months....perfect for working on the car and perfect for driving with the windows down (the only way for me since I don't have A/C and I'm sure the heater doesn't work either!)
Hope you get a chance to get her out soon and take her for a spin,;) I know what you mean about the AC cuz I don't have it either and these eastern NC summers are pretty hot and humid too!! :confused:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts