Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off of the phone with Joe Lutz with Hot Rod Creations and my '57 upgrade will begin in late January. The wife and I are excited about what this baby will look like when he is done.

My enclosed car hauler should be in some time in the next two weeks, will make minor modifications to the interior for big time tie-downs then the following month will load up and head to North Carolina for the re-birth.

Be looking for updates as Joe usually does with his projects. What a nice 45th anniversary present to ourselves.:congrats:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
What all is being done to it?

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What all is being done to it?
The list is quiet long. To start we just purchased a LS6 Corvette engine, probably a fatman frame. I think if you look at the '55 he is currently working on it will have a lot of the same type upgrades. We'll be keeping everyone posted as the project moves along.

68,758 Posts
sounds great roy. cool anniversary gift fot the both of you. way to do it. your honey has to be a keeper, lucky guy. :five:

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds great roy. cool anniversary gift fot the both of you. way to do it. your honey has to be a keeper, lucky guy. :five:
Well yes she is. She is the one that insisted we do this up right the first time, the car has a beautiful white top and matador red color but she finds the matador red more orange than red and wants to paint it a brighter red. I really don't want to do this but she is insisting that we do. Oh well she will probably win out in the end.

Probably going to go with a tan leather interior also. This thing will end up costing me waaaay more than I could ever sell it for. However unless it comes down to eating or starving that would be the only reason I'd sell it, hopefully I'll have this one until the wife and I are six feet under then the kids can do what they want with it.

·
Registered
557 Posts
thats the way to do it man. how you want.
my dad traded a 67 rs/ss vert for a 57 nomad when i was 2, its in pieces still, just alot better pieces. lol. well im almost 26 now, and ive been bugging him to get it out and work on it.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
thats the way to do it man. how you want.
my dad traded a 67 rs/ss vert for a 57 nomad when i was 2, its in pieces still, just alot better pieces. lol. well im almost 26 now, and ive been bugging him to get it out and work on it.
Kind of the subject.

Yesterday I was looking at some pictures we took in 1997 at a swap meet. There was a '55 Nomad there in pieces but the body complete and in primer. The asking price was $9500. Who wouldn't pay that today?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Roy,

We're looking forward to getting started on your car! The parts pile keeps growing so we should be ready to dig in when it gets here. I think the car is really going to be an eye catcher when its done.

Joe

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the comments. Yes it will be some serious upgrades, probably will never recover any of the money but then again I don't plan on ever selling; I'll let the kids dispose of it or enjoy it after I'm gone. Joe will keep everyone posted with photos which I know everyone enjoys including myself.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Can't wait to see it when it's done. Sounds like you have a great wife too!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
probably will never recover any of the money but then again I don't plan on ever selling;
Roy,

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Being that we are a realtively smaller shop with lower overhead, we can keeps keep costs lower and provide more personalized attention to your project than the large shops can afford. Bottom line is you get "more bang for the buck". I have build custom cars for people that were later actually sold for profit. Furthermore, most of the cars we build are appraised at a substantially higher value than what the customers have in them. That being said I'm very glad that you are not building this car for the purpose of selling it. I hope that it provides you and your wife many years of joy.

Joe

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Joe, I sent an e-mail regarding the color of the steering wheel, did you ever get it? I never received a response. It appears to me that the wheel is black and not light brown or tan, hard to tell by looking at the photo.

Also need a physical address where I need to bring the car so I can plug into the old GPS. If everything goes according to schedule I hope to leave Louisiana either Thursday morning on the 20th or Friday the 21st, plan on spending the night on the north side of Atlanta and then drive in the following day. Will that work for you if I show up on Saturday?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Roy,

What you see in the picture is the un-covered black pad. It will be covered by the trim shop in the same material as the seats. I order it this way so that it will exactly match your interior when finished.

My shop address is
1863 Norwood St SW
Lenoir, NC 28645.

Saturday works for me. I generally work 6 days a week anyway.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well it won't be long now. Looking forward to leaving on the 20th or the 21st headed to Lenoir, NC to bring my 57 to Joe Lutz at Hot Rod Dynamics. Hoping the weather holds up and doesn't snow and ice again like it did this pass week.

I'm having an air bag kit installed on my Ford F250 tomorrow to handle the 24' car hauler I just rigged up to carry the 57 in.

Getting off Wednesday morning after 14 days on the rig, head home, load the car up, attend an antique car club meeting that evening and hopefully leave Thursday on the 20th.:happy0068::moddhappychevelle22

1 - 20 of 29 Posts