This is a collage;
Facial expression Product Rectangle Art Font

This is a college (Vasser actually)

Plant Sky Tree Building Grass

·
Premium Member
1957 2 door sedan 210, (running) & 1957 2 door B/A hardtop (apart)[
625 Posts
Congrats! Just be careful so he doesn't throw his arm out. I have 2 grandsons that are pretty talented. The oldest is a sophomore in High school and has been scouted. The younger (12 yo) is a very good pitcher. I'm hoping both of them get a shot.

·
Registered
294 Posts
NIce leg kick ! I see you are from NY . What High School does he attend and what school is he going to go to ?

Robbie OD

·
Registered
283 Posts
Congratulations!
I've been down this road myself. 95% of the time there's no way he got there without hours and hours of quality practicing with Dad for many years in the backyard or local ball diamond. Not to mention lots of $ for pitching or hitting lessons and miles and miles on the car for lots of traveling teams along the way. Dedicated parents are the key to successful high school athletes. To this day, my right arm will never be the same from all the hours I spent throwing batting practice. So you have every right to be a proud Dad!

Left handed pitchers are worth their weight in gold. My son grew up with and played on a lot of Perfect Game teams with Oakland A's lefty, AJ Puk. Wishing you years of a success and a healthy arm!

·
Registered
55’ Pontiac station wagon Chevy 350/350
182 Posts
That’s super exciting! Congratulations!
my younger brother pitched for Hawaii for about a year. Was really fun to go visit and check out the games. Unfortunately from pitching so many years he developed a blood clot in his shoulder. Had multiple surgeries and is now a healthy father that works a regular job like the rest of us.
But FOR SURE some exciting times ahead for your son. I’m sure you will be getting calls from scouts here pretty soon. Smart to play college ball as well. Got something to fall back on if the pros don’t work out.
Stoked to hear a good baseball story today. Especially after this last Padres season.
thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
920 Posts
I coached youth league baseball for 10 years and assisted as a volunteer with the 5A high school coaches while my two sons played. During that period I witnessed some absolutely amazing talent. Of those 150 or so players only 2 made the cut to play in college.

So, I know what superior talent and dedication it takes for your son to be be accepted to play at that level.

I stand in awe with great admiration and wish him great success.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congratulations to both you and your son. It's great he is able play the sport I'm sure he loves at the next level while continuing his education. Life is Good!

·
Premium Member
5,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so the pic above was of him on the mound at the university of Miami before covid . he was starting pitcher ,pitched 3 innings with 6 strike outs and no runs scored this was for a show case and skills weekend he did back then .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts