Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is the deal. My sons first car is a 74 Vega notchback. 4 banger, auto, neat car and we have been sharing it for a daily driver for 1 1/2 years. After riding in the 55, he wants a 55 or 56 or to build some kind of rat rod. We have the original 265 from my 55 (which happens to be the original engine from his grandpa's 55, COOL !) that we are going to build to put in whatever we can find. I have a good line on a rolling 55/56 chassis that we could get for basically free. I have enough parts to start a 55 2 dr. sedan if someone knows of a body we can get a hold of for a fair price (title and tag would be good if possible). Doesn't have to be in great shape, just something we can work with. It would be cool to give him it on his 17th birthday in August, SO if anybody ( especially our OHIO members) know of or have a 55 body for a fair price, let me know. He is also interested in building a rat rod coupe or pickup. Let we kn ow who knows what or has what for sale. I am glad (and so is his grandpa) that the kid wants to continue this disease we have called HOT RODDING ! Also looking for some 305 small chamber heads to put on the 265 build.

·
Administrator
66,188 Posts
Wish you & your boy the best of luck, good disease to have.

Apart from your normal search in craigslist, ebay etc etc I would put a wanted ad in the classifieds :anim_25:

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
B, you have a rare opportunity for both you and your son. It's not too often that you see fathers and sons wanting to work with each other. You're both extremely fortunate. This build will present some challenging moments. All the best to you both. :anim_25:

·
Registered
2,800 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
I think the car will be easier to find than the paper work. In the southern states we don't need the titles to register the car for use on the roads. Tag and insurance is about all you need in the State of Georgia to go from farmers field or barn to riding down the road. :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sounds exactly like what we want Oldskool. Sure I can find a tag and title. Wish there was a pic. I will try to call and get in touch with them. I wish we had the chance to take them from the farmers field to the street that easy up here Moe ! We will find something , I'm sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts