Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife is trying to raise money for Breast Cancer by doing a "walk." She and her friend will be walking like 24 miles or more next year in Chicago. She's trying to raise atleast 1800 dollars.

With Otis' permission, I thought I'd see if anyone on Trifive was interested in donating to her Walk. It doesn't have to be a lot, even 5 bucks helps. If you are not interested or unable to donate, that is perfectly OK too.

If you are interested you can donate here: Donate for Breast Cancer There is a pink button with the words "Donate Now" on it. Just click that and it will take you to the donation page.

You'll see my wife's name Creaky Ambrosio just below the donation button(the name Creaky is not her real name, but what she's gone by since she was a kid!).

Thanks in advance. I will periodically bump this thread to the top.

Mike

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
..as we get older

Great idea, we recently lost a loved one.
Sadly, as we get older, it seems we hear this story repeated more often. We too lost several friends in the past year, very quickly. When we were young, we were always attending weddings and baby showers, and now as we age, it's either a funeral or memorial.... so this is a good thing Creaky is doing and I wish her well in her cause, she has our full support. :tu

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I've only known one person personally who died of cancer and that was recently (prostate cancer). Nobody should have to fight cancer, so hopefully her donations will help someone somewhere.

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin
1,826 Posts
One of the local high football teams had their 3rd annual pink arrow ( red arrow is the mascot) football game last night They raise money for the local Gilda's house. The team gets cancer survivors to come to the game and stand with the players.
So far in the three years they have done this they have raised over $700,000.
The school has 4000 students k-12.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wanted to bump this to the top and also say thanks to the Trifive members that have donated so far. It's a huge help and my wife says "Thank you very much!" :congrats:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.