Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 442 Posts

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
after several months of searching, we have found a '56 wagon for my wife's grocery getter and our next family project. We picked up this very nice '56 210 4 door Townsman wagon, that is complete, in the back woods of Pennsylvania today. It is very original with very little rust. The front fenders and hood are rust free and were off the car when we picked it up. It has original 265 / 3 speed on the column. We will be starting on her this week and hoping to have her completed by next summer.

All loaded up...

All smiles...

A close up of the patina...

At home in the driveway...

Just need to keep her positioned in the shop tonight and ready for the work to begin. GearHeadJake will probably be up and out in the shop by 7:00 a.m. tomorrow morning!

·
Registered
68,228 Posts
congrats, good looking project. she is a keeper, the car too. :tu

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
They don't call him Gear Head for nothing do they ? That's a nice looking car. Hopefully it will be an easy fix. Will you keep the 265/3 speed ?

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
They don't call him Gear Head for nothing do they ? That's a nice looking car. Hopefully it will be an easy fix. Will you keep the 265/3 speed ?
Thanks! Keeping the 265 for sure, wife's not to sure about 3 speed yet! :tu

·
Registered
15,587 Posts
Fantastic project,looks good. As the saying goes,If Momma is Happy,Everybody is Happy.:happy0068::happy0014: :anim_25: :shakehands:

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
It will be a great grocery getter. Lotsa room for goodies. MIke

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wagons sure are becoming popular, have fun and remember the wife makes the final decision :)
For sure, she will be making all the decisions on this one!

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
9,474 Posts
Outstanding! This is gonna be a sharp looking ride for her!

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Very cool...looking forward to hearing it's history!

Cool on keep the 265, but I'd stick with the 3-on-the-tree...if for nothing else, less and less people drive stick, so practically no one will be able to borrow it...besides, stick is just more fun to drive! Just my 0.02 :D

·
Registered
429 Posts
Sweet !
Can't wait to see what you guys do to it.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sweet !
Can't wait to see what you guys do to it.
Thanks. Were excited about finalizing the plans and tearing into it.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They don't call him Gear Head for nothing do they?
Jake was out in the shop by 8 this morning and worked most of the day on the wagon. He took a few hours off to attend a local park cruise in to raise money for improvements this afternoon. Front fenders and hood are stripped, covered with primer. One small dime sized rust spot on the passenger side lower fender and one small rust spot on underside of driver headlight. Hood was in excellent shape.

·
Registered
20 Posts
...my favorite color combo on my favorite year...can't wait to see the finished project as well as the "in-progress" pics
I would like the 3-on-the-tree myself, but I can understand the allure of an automatic...(or maybe she prefers a 4-speed?)

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 442 Posts