Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Its been about an hour and a half since i lost control of my vehicle and hit a parked car. I really cant believe this is happening. I keep feeling like im going to wake up any minute, but i know im not. The entire front end of the car is destroyed, radiator/support, fenders, hood, pretty much the whole front clip. The rest of the car remains fine. Is any one interested in it? I dont have the money to repair it or the space to store it.

Rebuilt 350 with aluminum heads and cam
holley 670
whole car completely rewired
interior is great
ford 8.8 rear 3.26? gears
rest of the body is good metal
muncie m20 wide ratio
all glass is good

Ill try to get some pictures of it asap. Iv got a long day ahead of me...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sad to hear of your accident. There must be somewhere you could store the car till it can be repaired. You need time to think and plan a rebuild .
If I lived close by I would help. Good luck

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bad luck and I know that it hasn't been long but for now take a breath and get your MOJO going and start thinking, you know the old saying hast makes waste and give it some time and :anim_25:

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Sorry to hear about your wreck, take a break and clear your mind..... and don't make any decisions that you will be sorry for later :anim_25: and i will be pulling for you

:gba:

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Very sorry to hear of your car being wrecked. Do you have an auto hobby shop on base? I had a '56 like yours in the '70s when I was stationed in San Diego. They had an auto hobby shop on base and a secure fenced outside storage lot as well. That's where I built my '56. You might check to see if there is something similar at Camp Lejuene.

Here...... Found this online......

http://www.mccslejeune.com/autohobby/

http://www.military.com/base-guide/marine-corps-base-camp-lejeune/contact/auto-hobby-shop/1584

Semper Fi,

Harry

·
Premium Member
15,575 Posts
I'm with Harry, Don't be too hasty in you decision. It looks like there may be some options available to you on base. I don't know your deployment schedule but i would hope the could accomodate a Marine down there. Good luck with this problem.

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
That sucks, keep your head up, I wouldnt be making decisions yet as your probaly not thinking with a level head.

I hope you can fix the ol girl :anim_25:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Wish I were closer, you would be welcome to store it at my place here in Texas. Look at all your options, then decide your best course of action.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Storage

If you need to store and can get it towed to Norfolk area (Chesapeake) you can store it in my compound for a few months if that helps.

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
Wow Hoss, thats really a bummer. I think I'd wait a bit before making a decision about selling.....glad You are ok. :p3:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Now, that is a MAJOR BUMMER. Hope you didn't get hurt. But ,please don't make any rash decisions until all thought out.:anim_25:

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Ouch, sorry to hear this.
As others have mentioned, think it through. :anim_25:

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
Peel off the front clip and check frame for damage. If no damage should be easy to fix. The fenders will be hardest part. Hard to come by in good shape. Good luck Jim

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
THANK YOU All FOR THE KIND WORDS. You're all a good bunch. Got the car towed back and checked it out. Not as bad as i originally thought, looks to be no frame damage. The left rear of the nissan is what punched through the middle of the '56 and was high enough to not touch much else. Both fenders and inners are toast as well as the radiator and support, hood, and bumper. Once i get all that pulled off ill look and make sure nothing else is damaged and we'll go from there. As much as id love to part the car out, i live in the barracks and you cant bring a car on base that cant move under its own power, so its really gotta be all or nothing. I have it stored at a buddys place a mile away but he'll only be there til the 21'st of july. So its fix it, sell it, or scrap it. Ill be updating this thread asap.

-james

·
Registered
373 Posts
As others have said, don't rush into a decision that you may regret. There are options which may work for you if time is on your side. Just gather the parts as you can.

http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105405

http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106314

http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102520&highlight=1956+fenders

http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101209&highlight=1956+fenders

Also, you don't need a front bar to be mobile again, particularly if you fix her up gasser style. Maybe a flip front 55 or 56 will be a solution at least in the shorter term.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Damn and I just sold my fiberglass front clip!
Out partying?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Hang tight Devil Dog

I've got a complete front clip for a 56 siting out next tot he shop, bought it for a Sedan Delivery project that fell through. PM: me and we can work something out. I'll even take payments and all you need to do is tell me you want it and its yours no money upfront no nothing. I don't know of any guys here that do parts relays or anything like that but on another board I belong to the HAMB Hotord and antique message board (I don't think Otis will mind mentioning another board to help out one of our guys defending our country)

Or maybe we can put something together for you here on Tri-Five. Don't worry we'll help you get back on the road...I'm a retired Ranger but ate a lot of dirt with leather necks so Semper Fi.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Damn and I just sold my fiberglass front clip!
Out partying?
Went downtown to listen to some bands play, no alcohol though. Not when im driving.

Thanks Talldeck. And knuckles, i really appreciate the offer. Once I can assess the extent of the damage I can figure out what needs to be replaced. You guys are great.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.