Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the Trifive's members posted photos of his car on eBay. In this album are pictures of the underneath of the car in the rear quarter/back bumper area. Pictured are two rods that appear to go from the frame and attach to the rear fender just inside the back bumper. Anyone know what these are, what the purpose of the piece is, and where they are acquired? Below is the link to the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4649366093&sspa gename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

Thanks, John

·
Registered
738 Posts
Doughboy said:
One of the Trifive's members posted photos of his car on eBay. In this album are pictures of the underneath of the car in the rear quarter/back bumper area. Pictured are two rods that appear to go from the frame and attach to the rear fender just inside the back bumper. Anyone know what these are, what the purpose of the piece is, and where they are acquired? Below is the link to the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4649366093&sspa gename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

Thanks, John
Aren't those the stock bumper supports for the corners of the bumper? I thought those were stock parts to keep the very ends of the bumper from vibrating when the car is running. (I don' think they could provide any protection). I think my Cougar had something similar for the front bumper too, although the Cougar parts were a little bigger.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My fender to bumper supports are radically different than the one pictured on eBay. Mine are teepee shaped with the top flattened. It's more like a spacer between the bumper and the rear quarter. The one's pictured on eBay are more like the rods that support the hood.
John

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. It is bell-shaped. A bumper bolt goes through the hole in the smallest part of the bell shape and the wider part rests against the quarter panel behind the bumper.
John

·
Registered
35 Posts
mystery bracket

on my 57 i have these rods, they connect the very bottom of the 1/4 to the frame to keep the far back of it from flapping in the wind sort of speek. the factory 1/4 has a tab built in that you can bolt the rod to,then the rod bolts to the frame.replacement 1/4's do not have the tab.i think these are 1/4's that have been replaced,and rather then fabracate a new tab he just welded the rod to the inside of the 1/4. Bartender.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts