Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you recognize these calipers? They're supposedly off a Ford 9", but the source has been really unreliable in the past. He said they're from a Lincoln, but doesn't know the year or model.

The rotors are about 11 7/16", and the calipers have a ratchet-style e-brake. Single piston. What's really strange about them is the mounting holes (where the caliper bolts to the bracket) run vertically--and all the others I've seen run horizontally.

I have a shortened 9" Ford that I want to install disc brakes on. I need everything--except the calipers!! But until I figure out what these calipers came from, I won't be able to find any hardware. If I can't find brackets and hardware for these brakes, I'll just scrap what I've got and buy a complete kit.

Sorry for the iPhone quality pictures! Can anybody identify these bad boys?

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey, I found a picture on a website of a Lincoln Versailles caliper...and I think that's what I've got. But the further searches for brackets & cables came up empty. I'm afraid I'll scrap this plan and just buy a complete kit. I'm not much of an engineer and don't want to end up designing my own components.........

·
Registered
38,586 Posts
They look like Lincoln Versailles calipers. The same calipers were used on Lincoln Continentals and a few other models.

If you don't have all the brackets and little parts, you might want to move on. These pieces are no longer made and are getting pretty scarce.

The core charge on those calipers is significant, but you can still get rebuilt calipers and new rotors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.