Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm watching these people on that tv show while they are in the Louisiana swamp getting eat up by bugs. Why on earth would you take a chance of contracting some form of disease. Years ago with the family, we traveled through Louisiana. Got lost in some small town. Looked in my rear view mirror and had the local police in back. This was before gps. Probably wondering what Pennsylvania plates was doing in this small town. He passed me while all along I was thinking of Deliverance.馃榾馃榾馃榾 We then saw a place where you could walk the thru the swamp on a raised deck. Didn't walk far once we saw gators and got attacked by large dragon flys. It was early morning and no one was around. Our kids were little. That and the above ground burials was something to see.

Registered
haven't watched, but do watch others (like pawn and pickers).

Premium Member
I watch Naked and Afraid on a regular basis. I especially like the XL challenges, which are 40 days or more. The latest one in LA is 60 days. They go on these shows for the personal challenge, and to get their 15 minutes of fame.

Registered
My wife and I got to watching the show as a friends daughter was on the show . Gabby from Westminister Md. They referered to her as the Swamp Queen , I talked to her daily as she parked on our lot while attendiing law school . To see her on the show was kinda weird . She perservered on many of the challenges including the XL show. I was amazed at her confidence in catching snakes including one of the most dangerous green vipers. She was a tough contestant . As we watch we constantly say to each other "no way" would we do that . What I do not understand is why they do not make a set of shoes as soon as they get naked . Oh well it is a show and they will make it dramatic. Ill have to tune into any newer series .

Registered
Haven't watched since we cut the cable over a year ago. But we have Netflix, and Prime, and I watch Alone, which is filmed up north in very cold situations usually. It makes more sense since the reward is big bucks. Never understood Naked and Afraid since it's just bragging rights vs. monetary reward.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haven't watched since we cut the cable over a year ago. But we have Netflix, and Prime, and I watch Lost, which is filmed up north in very cold situations usually. It makes more sense since the reward is big bucks. Never understood Naked and Afraid since it's just bragging rights vs. monetary reward.
Is that the same as alone?

Registered
I'm watching these people on that tv show while they are in the Louisiana swamp getting eat up by bugs. Why on earth would you take a chance of contracting some form of disease. Years ago with the family, we traveled through Louisiana. Got lost in some small town. Looked in my rear view mirror and had the local police in back. This was before gps. Probably wondering what Pennsylvania plates was doing in this small town. He passed me while all along I was thinking of Deliverance.馃榾馃榾馃榾 We then saw a place where you could walk the thru the swamp on a raised deck. Didn't walk far once we saw gators and got attacked by large dragon flys. It was early morning and no one was around. Our kids were little. That and the above ground burials was something to see.
I've only watched bits and pieces of it and often wonder why people would subject themselves to this behavior/abuse. At least it seems that way with me. Every chance I get, I watch more cultured programs, like Moonshiners, lol, Carmine.

Premium Member
I don鈥檛 think anyone even needs to ask a guy why he might watch it, that鈥檚 pretty obvious to anyone.

A comment was made above about shoes. I agree and think about it every time I catch the show. I would think a skill like that would be top priority to know months before preparing to start. It wouldn鈥檛 be just for me, but also for a partner. You can go without food for a while, but with a wounded foot (feet) you aren鈥檛 going to be able to do much of anything to help out.

Hunting, gathering, fire, shelter, wound dressing, and shoe building should be just as important as just mental survivor skills. For the feet this would especially apply to areas that have thorns or burning sand. And with torn up feet none of the others is possible.

Administrator
There plenty for the picking through a variety of different channels to keep you entertained

Registered
We watched it many times but these people obviously have psychological problems subjecting themselves to extreme starvation and it's sheer lunacy when some of them need serious medical attention and don't want to leave because they don't want to give in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts