Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I just had to share this. I was at a cruise-in this evening and ran across a 57 that just blew me away! It was an aqua convertible. I didn't pay a lot of attention at first but then the fuel injection emblems caught my attention, so I had to take a closer look. It had a contenintal kit, factory air, power windows, padded dash, vacuum ash tray, and i believe a signal light viewer. In other words, I think every available option in 57, and needless to say, it was immaculate. I am gonna keep my eyes open for it and hopefully can get some pictures next time and will post here, (with the owners permission of course). I asked him if he would take a check (LOL)!.

--------------------
"Anyone can restore a car, It takes a real man to cut one up"

·
Administrator
49,379 Posts
Dave they can offer all they want, i have too much of my life invested in the 57 to part with it. I had a guy ask me a week or so back if i would sell it if someone offered me 50,000.00. I told him 50k wouldn`t start to touch it and he asked what it would take to even consider,...... ithought a second and told him 100k would get me to considering.
Terry

·
Registered
181 Posts
LOL, When I started tracking down the owner of the 57 Chevy I eventually purchased, no one, including my wife thought I would actually buy it. I must admit that I am pretty tight with money and only being married to the best woman ever has slided me from "tightwad" up to "Frugal" . Even after I found the owner there was constantly one reason after another we couldn't get together. This, "car-buying courtin'" as I called it, went on for almost two months. All my friends thought the owner was, "just yankin' my chain" as they put it. My wife was unconcerned since I often checked out items I wanted to purchase only to decide they were not a good buy for one reason or another. When I actually decided this was the right car for the right price, one of the reasons I used was that this car was an investment, I could drive it for a couple years and sell it for more than I had paid for it. Now I don't think either of us would part with it. When we go driving together in it she only lets me play 50's music on the stereo.(I mounted the stereo inside the glove compartment and have speaker boxes in the back so I wouldn't have to cut holes anywhere)And, of course, being frugal, the speaker boxes with speakers were $10 at a garage sale. They sound great. . .my teenage son told me the stereo system was, "Sweet".

Steve

·
Administrator
49,379 Posts
Steve i don`t know what you ended up giving for your 57 but to find one in as good a shape as it looks it would be good to find one that could be driven soon after purchase. That being said i drove mine soon after buying it.
Terry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts