Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
I'm near Seward. I've been here a while, I know a few Nebraska guys in the area. I went once with my '55 to Cars & Coffee at Speedway last year. There's still a fairly good turnout at Culver's/Sam's Club on North 27th Street in Lincoln on Friday nights. Usually a few tri-fives there. My '55's in a storage bag right now as I've started a new project. A Hemi powered Studebaker; bullet-nose convertible.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
I'm finishing up some home projects this month then I hope to get started on the Stude. At that time I'll throw it out there to see if there's interest in watching the build on this site. It'll be like I said, Hemi powered so I'm not sure there'll be much interest. I have an older brother who had bought the car in 1957, the year I was born. Being a good farmer, he never let it go, but it sat left to rust away until the mid-70's when I dug it out of the ground and got it into a shed. He retired from farming so I brought the car home and I'm waiting to start on it this winter. The Hemi power unit is coming from my Durango which the insurance company totaled after I hit a deer almost a year ago now. There is a local guy here whom I refer to as the Oracle of Mopar. He's going to help me with the ecm and all that stuff to get it to run using as much as I can from the Durango.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Chances "R"' yes! Had our daughter's wedding reception there back in 2011. I think it was Kerry's that had my friend's daughter's wedding reception a couple years ago when the city park flooded here in Seward closing the reception halls.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Cars plural? What else you have? I have the 55 hardtop, a 62 Falcon Futura my dad bought new that I restored and am just starting on a bullet nose Stude. Had a 72 Cadillac Eldorado convertible but sold that to make room for the Stude.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Funny thing is my siblings and I just had some old home movies digitized. I was watching the other day and there was footage of the Feb 11, 1965 snow storm where we got the current record 19". Yesterday's snow is now in 2nd place, 14-1/2"at the Lincoln airport. I don't think quite that much here.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Hey Buckshot, there is a good car culture out there in the tri-city area, Grand Island/Hastings/Kearney. Kearney has one of the largest gatherings in the state annually. Plus they've built a car museum there in Kearney worth the look. There's also a two day Nebraska cruise that is well attended. One of those things, put a car in a show and before you know it the inside is full of car show invites.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Ah heck! I forgot about Seward's 4th of July car show. The 4th of July is a big deal here. Was cancelled last year. Would be nice if it happens this year. It's a patriotic event, so it may be censored this year! Since I'm local, I'll be there. Won best of Seward County with my '55 and 3rd in stock class with my '62 Falcon in 2019. Funny thing is that Falcon won 1st at the Falcon Nationals the same year in the stock 60-62 class.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
I'll be in Colorado that weekend but am familiar with Marysville. I had an aunt that lived there years ago. Not far from where my ancestors homesteaded in Jefferson County, Nebraska. Maybe some other year?

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
If you were planning on the 4th in Seward, I will not be taking my '55 to the car show. They will not be running the trollys this year (covid) so I've been informed I am the family trolly driver. I've got two elderly in-laws that don't walk well so I need to be available to move them around. Plus I'll have a lot of family in town that weekend. If you see someone pushing an old man around in a wheelchair, it could be me!

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
I've gone a couple times, but not this year. I'm going to do an upgrade to my 55 one of these years and add a/c. Then I'll go back!

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
I had a charging issue with my '55 last summer but I now have it fixed. Have not done much else. Started another project and that has taken up all my "garage hours". I'm building a 1950 Bullet-nose Studebaker convertible. Shoehorning a 5.7 Gen III Hemi in it at the moment. Need to reinforce the frame and likely do a fair amount of cutting on the floor and firewall. I've got a Mustang II crossmember fit in there and a triangulated 4-link in the back. Working on the mid-section of the frame right now.
I haven't checked but would like to go to Speedway on a Saturday morning Cars & Coffee day if and when they bring those back.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
I just read/replied to another thread which made me think I should post on this one Speedway's Cars & Coffee. Every last Saturday of the month in the mornings. I've been there once. Lots of cars. I'll bring mine. If you go, maybe we could connect? Cars & Coffee

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
does having family in McCook and Trenton count??
Got me on Trenton, had to look that one up! McCook, yes, been there a few times. Historical bit of information, McCook was on the route across Nebraska to get to Denver back before the Interstate system was built. On Hwy 34, just like Seward.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Was there an Americruise event? The news is trying pin this sad accident on some "Americruise event"... although they say they were not related... on TV the new Police Chief was promising "new measures" to deal with these cars coming to town for shows...hummm... well, there were a few burnouts...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts