Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hello from La Vista! I lived on a farm by Ulysses thru graduation from David City High School in 1968. Drove to Milford for Diesel Tech. Graduated 50 years ago this month. Moved to the Omaha Metro area. Still live in Metro Area yet. I've owned my 57 since 1968. Did a complete original restoration over 9 years. Petersen Body Shop finished body work & painted the car. Just got it back from some warranty work. Petersen shop was the one that was featured in Lincoln Star. A 57 sport sedan was bought back finally from the Lambrecht sale. The car turned out very nice when finished. The body tech that did that car was the tech who worked on my sport sedan. It looks like a new car now. I am working out the restoration bugs now.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Full-size car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Classic car

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hello from La Vista! I lived on a farm by Ulysses thru graduation from David City High School in 1968. Drove to Milford for Diesel Tech. Graduated 50 years ago this month. Moved to the Omaha Metro area. Still live in Metro Area yet. I've owned my 57 since 1968. Did a complete original restoration over 9 years. Petersen Body Shop finished body work & painted the car. Just got it back from some warranty work. Petersen shop was the one that was featured in Lincoln Star. A 57 sport sedan was bought back finally from the Lambrecht sale. The car turned out very nice when finished. The body tech that did that car was the tech who worked on my sport sedan. It looks like a new car now. I am working out the restoration bugs now.
View attachment 326377 View attachment 326378
Your care looks great, look forward to seeing it in person one day! I think the fact you've had it since 1968 is awesome. Having a car for so long typically leads to handing it down the family lines one day. Do you plan to hand it down one day?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I would like my cars to go to my children, but one has zero interest in cars and the other has zero interest in bettering herself. Leaving either of them my cars would be a death sentence for the car. Being a hoarder when it comes to vehicles and real estate makes it difficult to sell it all. Meh...maybe I'll sell everything one day to purchase a large motorhome and travel the U.S.A.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Cars plural? What else you have? I have the 55 hardtop, a 62 Falcon Futura my dad bought new that I restored and am just starting on a bullet nose Stude. Had a 72 Cadillac Eldorado convertible but sold that to make room for the Stude.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I think you're referring to my post from a few days ago. I am curious to know if anyone drives their Tri-Five year 'round. I'm planning to have the '56 driven all year.

I would say you stepped up when going from the Eldorado to the Studebaker. For classics, I have the '56 Belair, '69 Chevelle, and '53 Chevy 3100 half ton pickup. Others in the family fleet that I maintain are '62 Fuelie Corvette, '65 Impala, and '70 Chevy half ton pickup. The Chevelle and Impala both received new engines last year. I assembled the Chevelle's engine and the Impala's engine came to me as a Blue Print short block replacing the original 283ci.

The '70 pickup currently has an electrical issue I need to track down. It's cutting power to the ignition with the key in the Run position.

The '56 currently has the rear out of it and in the workshop. Just shortened the shock relocation bar last night at my brother in law's, need to paint it and get it into the car so I can finish this rear differential refresh. No engine, tranny, or interior in the car. I still need to build the engine, tranny and get the interior installed but first will be working on the front suspension...disk brake conversion, power steering, motor mounts for the 454ci, and new rubbers and ball joints.

The '53 pickup is a frame, cab, and bed, with a short block LS engine. This is a project in the waiting. The frame is clean and POR-15 coated. A front crossmember and tubular control arm suspension with coil over shocks from Speedway has been installed. When I get to it, I will finish the front suspension then turn to the rear suspension and diff before moving to the cab. There is some metal work on the cab that needs done prior to paint.

·
Registered
1957 Bel Air 2Dr Hardtop
93 Posts
Mine was a daily driver from 1967 to 1972 . Since then I've been caught in the rain a few times but no daily driving anymore.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I live in west Omaha. Sold my 55 three years ago. Back and lack of ambition to start a new project keep me from starting another big project. Restored Coke machines, candy machines for my daughters, and am customizing 3 pedal cars for grandkids now. Have a little knowledge if someone needs help.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Alright, another Husker! That's seven of us, so far.

I was passing through Pawnee City yesterday and noticed they have a pedal car museum there. Or, at least, that's what it appeared to be. I didn't have time to stop in but plan to go check it out in the next week or two. Have you been down there? Know what is it?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Yup, that's it, right on the main road heading eastward out of town. I was in Pawnee City a couple years ago working on the electrical infrastructure for the new assisted living center they built, but never went looking around town.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
The mornings are frosty, Huskers aren't winning, and the natives get restless. How much more losing can the Huskers take before they start calling for Frost's head?

Or, are people more reasonable these days and understand it takes an enormous amount of time to change an entire culture from that of losing to that of winning in a football program?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Finally a win! Second half not so good, but we ended on top!
On top, we did, but oh man what an ugly win. Another great first half then that second half. Could be the start of something good, though, with the team able to hold the lions back and come out on top. See what happens next weekend.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Huskers looked good this weekend, like to see more of that.

Nice weather, too. I pushed my '56 into the workshop and just about got it down to the frame rails, need to get the passenger side suspension off. Then the clean up work begins.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
There's a bit of snow out there today. I hope your Tri-Fives are tucked away nice and cozy. Mine sat out last year, glad it's inside today, though. My daughter shoveled for three hours earlier today and it was difficult to tell by the time she came inside. My pickup is about a foot or more taller than it was yesterday. I'm headed out to clear the concrete again. Stay warm, gentleman.

21 - 40 of 99 Posts