Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
It will be nice to check out some local rides.

Marysville, KS has there festival/carshow on June 5th this year. I'll be there but not with a tri-five. Anyone cruising down to that one?

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
I'll be in Colorado that weekend but am familiar with Marysville. I had an aunt that lived there years ago. Not far from where my ancestors homesteaded in Jefferson County, Nebraska. Maybe some other year?

·
Registered
1957 Bel Air 2Dr Hardtop
93 Posts
Tour Nebraska is that weekend. Put on by Nebraska Rod and Custom Assn. Always the first full weekend in June. Highly recommend everyone try it some year. Vehicle must be at least 30 years old. Next year it will be based out of North Platte. 600 Miles traveling the old highways and thru small towns. 300 Miles each day. At the end we have been giving away a BluePrint engine to one lucky driver. Based out of Hastings this year. We will make a lunch stop at Southeast Community College in Milford on Sunday the 6th. Feel free to stop by and look at the cars. First group will arrive at 12:45, and second group will either be right behind or a few minutes after. Total of 452 vehicles registered this year.
If none of you are not already a member, we would love to have you join! www.nrca.wildapricot.org

Reactions: Fiddy5Coupe

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I'm not a member, know several members though. That NRCA Tour Nebraska sounds like a great way to spend the weekend. I assume there's more activity then mentioned? I will look into it for next year. Daryl will be road worthy by then.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
If you were planning on the 4th in Seward, I will not be taking my '55 to the car show. They will not be running the trollys this year (covid) so I've been informed I am the family trolly driver. I've got two elderly in-laws that don't walk well so I need to be available to move them around. Plus I'll have a lot of family in town that weekend. If you see someone pushing an old man around in a wheelchair, it could be me!

·
Registered
229 Posts
If you were planning on the 4th in Seward, I will not be taking my '55 to the car show. They will not be running the trollys this year (covid) so I've been informed I am the family trolly driver. I've got two elderly in-laws that don't walk well so I need to be available to move them around. Plus I'll have a lot of family in town that weekend. If you see someone pushing an old man around in a wheelchair, it could be me!
Thanks for the update. You are a lucky man to have so many family members celebrating the 4th together. I hope that your family' will all have a good time!

57sportmn.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
I will be there. Something about being surrounded by American muscle and classics then grabbing a hot dog from a vendor just says, "it's a good life," to me.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Man, was it hot in Bowling Green for 2021. It will be warming up here before long. The cold weather has kept me from doing much work on Daryl. I did update the build thread a bit. It needs more updating, though.

Have you guys been working on your TriFive?

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
I had a charging issue with my '55 last summer but I now have it fixed. Have not done much else. Started another project and that has taken up all my "garage hours". I'm building a 1950 Bullet-nose Studebaker convertible. Shoehorning a 5.7 Gen III Hemi in it at the moment. Need to reinforce the frame and likely do a fair amount of cutting on the floor and firewall. I've got a Mustang II crossmember fit in there and a triangulated 4-link in the back. Working on the mid-section of the frame right now.
I haven't checked but would like to go to Speedway on a Saturday morning Cars & Coffee day if and when they bring those back.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I had a charging issue with my '55 last summer but I now have it fixed. Have not done much else. Started another project and that has taken up all my "garage hours". I'm building a 1950 Bullet-nose Studebaker convertible. Shoehorning a 5.7 Gen III Hemi in it at the moment. Need to reinforce the frame and likely do a fair amount of cutting on the floor and firewall. I've got a Mustang II crossmember fit in there and a triangulated 4-link in the back. Working on the mid-section of the frame right now.
I haven't checked but would like to go to Speedway on a Saturday morning Cars & Coffee day if and when they bring those back.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I’ve been hitting my 56 pretty hard. I started this build 6 years ago this Friday. This picture is from about a month or so ago. It’s about all in primer now getting ready to block and paint. I also have the interior in motion. It’s running well and I’ve taken it out for a spin or two around town. No glass in it until the headliner is complete so, they are very short spins but, fun! Im hoping to be on the road this summer for some short trips.

Attachments

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
I enjoy those Cars & Coffees, great place to run into old and new acquaintances. I'll probably be there in a 'vette, Impala, or Chevelle until Daryl is road worthy, though. I'll ask a friend of mine who volunteers at the museum if he has any insider information on them. On another note, I drive through Seward twice a week going between home and work. If you ever have a need to have something transported between Speedway and Seward I would be happy to assist.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
I’ve been hitting my 56 pretty hard. I started this build 6 years ago this Friday. This picture is from about a month or so ago. It’s about all in primer now getting ready to block and paint. I also have the interior in motion. It’s running well and I’ve taken it out for a spin or two around town. No glass in it until the headliner is complete so, they are very short spins but, fun! Im hoping to be on the road this summer for some short trips.
Would love to check that machine out. Whereabouts in Nebraska are you located?

61 - 80 of 99 Posts