Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
He's close to me, just as well make a day of it. I'm in Seward.
Im out by York about 20 minutes from Fiddy5coupe. Ive seen his 55 and it very well done! He’s been a huge help to me on my build since I started it. I hope to paint mine in April or May at the latest so, it will be awhile before I have mine out on the road. I’d enjoy having you guys stop by with your cars and let you see mine. It should start looking like a 56 by the end of May or so.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Sounds good to me for getting together. The '56 I'm working on will not be out any time soon, either, currently in the workshop waiting on me. I do have hopes and dreams it will be road worthy before this year is over, though.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
I just read/replied to another thread which made me think I should post on this one Speedway's Cars & Coffee. Every last Saturday of the month in the mornings. I've been there once. Lots of cars. I'll bring mine. If you go, maybe we could connect? Cars & Coffee

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
I just read/replied to another thread which made me think I should post on this one Speedway's Cars & Coffee. Every last Saturday of the month in the mornings. I've been there once. Lots of cars. I'll bring mine. If you go, maybe we could connect? Cars & Coffee
Sounds good to me. Good to see this happening again. May 28th is the next one...and it's on my calendar.

·
Registered
1957 Bel Air 2Dr Hardtop
93 Posts
I plan on being there with my 37 Ford. Chevy drivetrain of course!

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
14,856 Posts
does having family in McCook and Trenton count??

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
does having family in McCook and Trenton count??
Got me on Trenton, had to look that one up! McCook, yes, been there a few times. Historical bit of information, McCook was on the route across Nebraska to get to Denver back before the Interstate system was built. On Hwy 34, just like Seward.

·
Registered
1957 Bel Air 2Dr Hardtop
93 Posts
That's three of us that can make it, with thoughts of hotrodg726 way out west. Should be a nice morning.
Went to Speedway Cars and Coffee yesterday morning, Speedway announced 540 cars! Most ever. Beautiful day for it.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
I was there with the '62 fuelie 'vette and '65 Impala. My pops drove the Impala and my wife and boys tagged along. Ran into several old friends which was a pleasant surprise and even shook hands with Fiddy5Coupe. The first Cars and Coffee was a blast for me. The coffee and donuts were good, too.

Not sure how long you folks normally hang around but perhaps a lunch cruise after Cars and Coffee could be arranged.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Was there an Americruise event? The news is trying pin this sad accident on some "Americruise event"... although they say they were not related... on TV the new Police Chief was promising "new measures" to deal with these cars coming to town for shows...hummm... well, there were a few burnouts...

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Was there an Americruise event? The news is trying pin this sad accident on some "Americruise event"... although they say they were not related... on TV the new Police Chief was promising "new measures" to deal with these cars coming to town for shows...hummm... well, there were a few burnouts...
Not that I'm aware of.

The first I heard of an Americruise event was on the radio yesterday when they were talking about this tragic event. No surprise that the new Police Chief is talking sideways considering where she transferred from.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Father's Day weekend I found myself at a couple car shows. After a ball game in Gretna that Saturday my boys asked to stop by the SAC Museum on the way home. I hadn't been there in a decade so we swung in there to see what had changed. Just so happens they were sponsoring a car show on site and had quite a few vehicles parked inside around the planes. Ran into a couple people I haven't seen for a while and there were a few Tri-Fives there. Pictures, I have not. After that I remembered seeing some cars heading towards Denton that morning so we headed over there to see what was going on and found the Legion there had their car show going. Was a good weekend.

·
Registered
1957 Bel Air 2Dr Hardtop
93 Posts
Saturday June 25 is another Speedway Cars & Coffee. Anyone planning to go? 540 cars last month.
Wanted to go, but A/C is going in the garage Saturday! Going with a Daikin mini split. Don't really need the heat as the floor is heated, but almost cheaper to get one with both.
Hope the weather is good! Enjoy!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Remember seeing this car? It's mine. I was there too, in and out. Power went out on Sunday.
Sure did, very nice and clean rider right there! I forgot you had the falcon.

So you saw John and his '59 Caddy. He lives up the road from me. Have to say my favorite of the show there was the '37 Chevy pickup. It had some subtle custom touches that just put a smile on my face and the color was impressive, too. The '69 Chevelle owned by a Nic caught my attention as well, since I'm Nick and own a '69 Chevelle. lol

Well now, I will have to remember that beautiful red falcon when at the local shows.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts