Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent Saturday installing the suspension kit with tie rods, ball joints and control arm bushings (wouldn't want to do those again!!!! #$%^!#. Also started on the front disc conversion kit and got the brackets, rotors, calipers installed and then stopped at the brake lines for now. Very slick how this kit all bolted up no problem with the stock spindles....very happy with it so far. We test-fitted the booster with the bracket included. the bracket fits over top of the bolts coming from the firewall no problem....and it can only go on one way so I know it's not on backwards or upside-down....but if you hold the bracket up and test fit the booster, the top bolts from the booster touch the bolts from the firewall....they are too long. My thought was to either cut some off the "fine thread" bolts coming from the firewall, or do I cut some off the two booster "course thread" bolts? Don't want to do either without getting some advice first. Has anyone else run into this problem? I did a search but couldn't find any info about this concern.
Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,713 Posts
Been a while....However, seems like I've always had to cut the top booster bolts back a little.

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts
I had the same problem. I bolted the bracket to the booster w/ flat washer, lock washer and nut. I then took a cut-off tool and cut the 2 top bolts flush with the outside of the nut. After that, you still have to start the 2 nuts on the firewall studs before drawing everything tight.:anim_25:

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys....I thought it might be the right thing to do, but as I said, I wasn't sure......Sorry if it was a dumb question, but I value the opinions of those that have "been there, done it" before me.....your input is greatly appreciated:shakehands:

Eugene

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,713 Posts
Thanks guysSorry if it was a dumb question, but I value the opinions of those that have "been there, done it" before me.....your input is greatly appreciated:shakehands: Eugene
No dumb questions here Eugene

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you sir.:shakehands:

Eugene

1 - 6 of 6 Posts