Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 235 and my brother called earlier tonight telling me a guy he works with has a 3x1 intake and carb set up for 6 cylinder. Was told it was off a boat and im not sure as to if its able to be used on my 235, were the earlier 216s a different manifold? Does it matter on the intake that its off a boat or were they the same?? Any help would be appreciated.:)

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I know the early corvette production used a special intake maniford for 3 ones on the 6 cylinder 235 engine. They are hard to find. I saw one this summer installed in a Cameo pickup.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
235 manifolds

To answer your question, the 216 intake and exhaust manifold will bolt up to a 235 head and work fine. However you cannot bolt the 216 intake to the 235 exhaust manifold or visa versa. You could use this intake with Fenton headers or the stock 216 exhaust. I'd make sure first that the carbs are in good shape and matched, if they are to worn ie. throttle shafts etc they will need rebuilding. Also a three carb set up was mostly used for drag racing and may not be worth the hassle for a driver. I have 3x1s on my old 47 coupe but blocked off the end carbs and run if off the center only.
Also you may want to check out www.inliners.org or Stovebolt.com for more info.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank u all for the fast help. Intake wasnt what it was suppose to be and i found an article saying the boat carb wouldnt work due to that they use no vaccum. I think ill leave the single carb... still trying to remind myself that this is suppose to be a driver lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts