Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a couple surgeries and several months since I have laid a hand on my '57, I dusted her off today and opened a few boxes that have been laying unopened since they arrived back in the fall. I am listing the LS eng/trans combo as well as a list of parts I currently have in my possession and am hoping they will all come together in a happy marriage.... with maybe a little counseling/fabrication. Please keep in mind that this is my first Trifive-LS build and I am a newbie, at best. Therefore, simple terms are much appreciated!

-2004 LQ9 LS 6.0
-4L60E Trans
-Side mount LS conversion eng mounts
-Lowered Spindles (installed-not sure brand)
-Unisteer #8010400-01 R&P
-Factory column

Now, I read somewhere that the Unisteer R&P that I have will not work with the lowered spindles that my car already has installed. I also saw somewhere that the factory LS pan (truck) will not work for this combination. I guess my question is this; have any of you run a similar combo with this R&P, lowered spindles, and factory column? If so, what mods need to be made and what pan should I purchase to fit properly and not need to be cut out? I also have a set of headers that came off of a 2006 6.0 out of a GTO. I'm certainly not counting on them to fit with my combo, but it would be nice.

Any help, tips, pointers, thumps on the head would be very much appreciated!

Thanks Trifivers!!!

-Todd

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just installed a Uni R&P this past weekend. The LS rack puts the lines running out of the bottom of the brace. Good thing because it gives you more room for the oil pan. I don't have lower spendles but all I had to do is grind a little off of each steering arm so they would flush fit the spindle backing plates. All went well so far.

The hardest part was getting the old manual steering box and rod out of the car. I ended up cutting the rod with a sawzaw and everything came out fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts