Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...first post here. Glad to be a member.

My father and I are trying to determine a fair price for all parties for his 1956 Chevy. I am playing middleman due to his computer illiteracey. We are hoping some of you can help us out.

Here is what I know...

1956 Chevy 4 door hardtop (not bellaire)
Fully restored many years ago but sitting in storage for past 25 years. New two tone paint, now spider webbed. New tires and rims, tires weather checked. Been stored inside the entire time. Completely stock...engine (not run in 25 years), interior, tranny, etc. All original with low miles (not sure how low, lets say under 25,000). All glass is good. Body, frame, etc is solid. No major dents, creases, holes, etc. No rust period.

If it matters we are trying to sell it in Michigan/Wisconsin.

Thank you in advance for your time...

Bryan

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Welcome Bryan, are you sure you don't want to get it out and fix it back up yourself? Sounds to me like it might be a good project. If you could take some pictures and post them it might help, somebody on here might make you a good offer.
Keep us posted

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Your information is interesting. If you're selling the car, why don't you know the exact mileage? If it's been sitting for 25 years how can it have new tires, etc? Do you know what engine it has, how about the transmission? It's real hard to determine a price with partial information. It would be real easy to post a number and then have you say yeah, but it's got this or that so shouldn't it be more or less.

I don't mean to be rude, so if that's the way this sounds I apologize, but if you want a good estimate, you should provide complete information.

From what you posted, it sounds like a great car, but that's because I'm letting my imagination fill in the unknowns.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Mike, sounds like Bryan's dad or somebody restore the car then lost interest for some reason and it was forgotten and left in storage. If in condition is just due to sitting in storage for 25 yrs. could be an worthy project. If I didnt already have more than I think I'll ever finish I would be interested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts