Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to sell my 57 Bel Air 4 door post and have no clue what it's worth. Strong 283, everything is there. Drives well. Trans shifts well but slow fluid leak. Brightwork SS is great, chrome needs help. Pictures show the good points and the bad. Needs TLC and a good home.

I'll list a few of the issues. Speedo doesn't work, vacuum wipers useless, needs carpet, hi/low beam dimmer, interior vinyl no rips or tears but middle of the road quality, some gauges not working. I store it under a carport and it dropped a beam on the roof so you'll see the crease in one of the pictures. Leaves built up in driver and passenger door at bottom of windshield post and created rust pockets. Floor pans in great shape, rust at bottom of doors, trunk and rockers.

I'm new to this posting thing so only one low res PDF attached. Have 30 photos in a 2 MB PDF file I can send or someone tell me how to attach it to a response.

Any and all advice welcomed. Thanks

Paul

Attachments

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,165 Posts
Nice looking Belair.....Need more pics.....Does it have any rust or collision issues?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know its complete history but other than some marginal bodywork prep for paint, doesn't appear to have collision damage.

Sat outside at a theme park in the Florida rain so rust bubbles at bottom of doors and trunk, rockers, few spots around window trim.

The full set of photos tells a better story.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,165 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Are you looking to sell or would you be open to trades?

Here's a link to my "welcome" thread with some pics of what I have to offer.
http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118297

The engine has been sorted since that thread, and I obviously passed on that pile of parts...

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm new to this posting thing so only one low res PDF attached. Have 30 photos in a 2 MB PDF file I can send or someone tell me how to attach it to a response.
If you're interested in a trade (or think you know a 3rd party for a car-car-cash trade), you can email the PDF to [email protected]
The estimate ChevyWT gave is about where I am with my Vette.

Everything works.
- all lights
- vacuum headlight system
- I even added an iPod Nano dock which looks like it could have come stock
- door chime
- even the clock works (once the short is addressed)

A couple small things need addressing for flawless operation.
- The ignition cylinder fell out when I was reassembling my steering column and I didn't have time to fix it properly because I had an appointment to ship the car from Hawaii to Texas, so I wired a start button to the starter.
- There is a short to the center cluster from the hot lead to the clock which is a simple fix. The hard part is getting to it....disassembling the whole center console to the cluster.
- the removable rear window needs a new seal (between the glass and frame)
- the hood side of the prop rod needs fixing
- the whole car needs to go through body and paint (no known fiberglass damage, just needs sanded smooth, prime, and paint

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Photos help. Can't price a car w/o looking at it though. Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry, got tied up at work and couldn't respond.

Thanks for the feedback so far. I've been thinking $6,500 so the ranges everyone's given are mostly confirming that. Wish a buyer would go closer to 10k but in this economy and the condition, maybe the best I can do is ask $7,500 and see what happens.

If you want to see the full 30 photos....good, bad and ugly, email me at:

[email protected]

I'll send the 2 MB PDF file.

Thanks for your feedback.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.