Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my first "Trifive" (a 1957 Chevy Belair 4dr Sedan) and neither the front, nor back doors on the driver's side will latch. I've managed to strip both doors down, and I've removed the four screws holding the latch mechanisms in place, but they're both still held in by a rail. This may be a stupid question, but how would I go about removing the mechanism, with the rail in the way? Or rather, how do I remove the rail? Help would be much appreciated... and please, be kind! I'm new at this.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Is the rail the window track that has the "fuzzy" in it that cushions the window? If so, there is a bracket down near the bottom of the track that has one bolt in it and I think there is also a screw up near the opening where the widow comes up out of the door. You may have to take the window out if it is on a front door and that requires removing the vent window. With the window up and that lower track bolt removed, the track will move around a little. If it is a back door, I am not sure how you remove the glass.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts