Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son bought a 1993 Talon with the turbo'd DOHC-cheap. The car starts fine, but will not idle. If you keep your foot on the gas, even lightly, it will remain running. Not familiar with this vehicle, I will admit I don't know where to begin to problem-solve.....any ideas?

·
Registered
722 Posts
do a throttle body cleaning. there also should be a air bleed adj screw on the throttle body also. not the hard idle stop by the throttle cable hook up. it will look like a flat blade screw driver round head in the casting of the throttle body itself. turn it out to raise idle , in to lower. should be there. not 100% sure cause i havent had one on the shop in forever.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
"Pinal Valve" is stuck. An electronic valve at the base of the throttle body, that allows the engine to idle when it's closed, and shuts the engine down when the key is turned off. Stops any dieseling. You can ID it by it's large hex nut, that's machined into the body of the valve.
:anim_25:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Good news/bad news..........thanks for help-now it runs. Unfortunately, NO OIL PRESSURE! Gonna look in to it some more today! Actually, pressure gauge will climb, then drop, then start climbing again, then drop....all fresh oil, so not sure what is going on.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Good news/bad news..........thanks for help-now it runs. Unfortunately, NO OIL PRESSURE! Gonna look in to it some more today! Actually, pressure gauge will climb, then drop, then start climbing again, then drop....all fresh oil, so not sure what is going on.

Hopefully just a bad sending unit!

Good luck

Clint

1 - 5 of 5 Posts