Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I messed up. I took apart my front end to rebuild and realized now the lower control arms are different. It's my understanding the upper control arms are the same but the lowers have both a left and right and front and rear direction. Is this accurate?

I need your help, Is there a picture or possibly a description explaning which is which before I press the wrong shaft back in the wrong control arm.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,893 Posts
Mike.....Here are photos of the right and left lower control arms.....The one with two dots is the right and one dot is the left.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 557B210 a bunch. I think I can make that work. I'll go out to the shop now and see if I can figure it out.

Mike

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Go to the tech manual pages here on thr tri-five website. Their is a picture there of how it goes together. I did the same thing as you did even went so far as installed the rods in the arms backwards. The pictures are hard to tell but take your time viewing them and they do help a lot. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Hi Mike, The upper control arms are different for each side but the mounting bars are the same. The lowers are also different for each side with the tapered sides going towards the front of car. The mounting bars go like ACARDON said with the longest length between the end of the shaft and the bolt hole towards the front. Hope this helps Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts