Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys:
I am trying to get ready for the installation of a 350 with a 400T to be put in a 55 Belair (4DR). Car came with the original 6 cylinder and I won't be doing the install, but I have been asked to get the brackets ready for the 350motor mounts, and also to look into what cross member to get for the tranny.
Unfortunately, I'm the body work guy, and the drivetrain is not my area of expertise.
Also, does it matter if the block is from a 99 Vortec?, is the block the same...or did GM change it?
Any help or links would be appreciated. I have only looked at Danchuk's on line, but I'm not even sure which is the correct set-up....so I thought I'd bring it to the expertise of those who know.
Thanks....Eugene

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
The drivetrain install guy needs to also be the bracket guy, in my opinion. I'd go with modern side mounts on the V8 plus you'll need a tranny crossmember. This will need to be fitted and installed before you start spraying paint. Stand back you will be getting all kinds of answers to your question, no time to be in a hurry, you want this to be done right the first time. Best of luck

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The drivetrain install guy needs to also be the bracket guy, in my opinion. I'd go with modern side mounts on the V8 plus you'll need a tranny crossmember. This will need to be fitted and installed before you start spraying paint. Stand back you will be getting all kinds of answers to your question, no time to be in a hurry, you want this to be done right the first time. Best of luck
Thanks for your input.......you're right....I do need it done right the first time. I'll be looking forward to some more advice.

·
RIP 02-03-2022
50,809 Posts

Good post.....:tu
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
11,220 Posts
Thanks for your input.......you're right....I do need it done right the first time. I'll be looking forward to some more advice.
909-392-1358 http://www.williamsclassic.com/ Review their new motor mounts. You will not find a better product or company to depend upon for this type of product. Yes, there are less expensive mount systems but you get what you pay for. Call and ask for Nathan, tell him what you need to do and he will give you great guidance.

JMHO

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
909-392-1358 http://www.williamsclassic.com/ Review their new motor mounts. You will not find a better product or company to depend upon for this type of product. Yes, there are less expensive mount systems but you get what you pay for. Call and ask for Nathan, tell him what you need to do and he will give you great guidance.

JMHO
Thanks Nick....I appreciate you taking the time to do that. Will do.

Eugene

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.