Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i push the lever in for overdrive it goes all the way in but when i let off the gas to engage it the rpms drop off as if the tranny went into neutral .as soon as i step on the gas the engine revs untill it catches up to the speed of the tranny and the car is still in 3rd , any advise i can get will be great . i would really like to use it this weekend ,

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
when i push the lever in for overdrive it goes all the way in but when i let off the gas to engage it the rpms drop off as if the tranny went into neutral .as soon as i step on the gas the engine revs untill it catches up to the speed of the tranny and the car is still in 3rd , any advise i can get will be great . i would really like to use it this weekend ,
It sounds like the solenoid on the OD is not engageing. The silenoid is operated by a relay through a relay. Check for power to the relay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for some direction. the problem is im a painter by trade and not very familiar with alot of mechanical nity grity . so for my new lesson ,where might i look to find theese relays.

·
27,084 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you very much it works great , now i have to figure out why it wont kick out when i am going up a highway grade , i floor it and it wont pop out , could it be loose wires on the carburator kickdown switch? its a small problem, i will just swith gears. man it was soo nice to cruise with that o.d. thanks again

·
27,084 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts