Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, unfortunately i have been tasked with getting pricing/values for a 57 chevrolet. being a "chevy car guy" and enthusiast it pains me to have to be doing this. my girlfriends father was hit by a drunk driver while on his harley and was killed just over a month ago. he lived in WV. my girlfriend and i are trying to get everything in order and she asked me to research this idea of selling it. the car was winning car shows as a stock piece when he took it all down to make it a road race/modernized 57. the body is on a rotisserie and had little surface rust when tore down before primer. under the side panel emblems didnt even have much of the typical rust/pits. he was in the process of redoing the motor and frame was returned to us from the blast place before he touched it. i know the shock mounts were mounted to the frame now. so the frame is off, rear isnt even attached to it and heads are off the motor, we had some new heads for the engine but we cant find them now(we have our suspicions!) oh and he has over $26000 of new tubular suspension parts in boxes against the wall of the garage waiting!! he paid about $17000 for the car stock and just need any suggestions on selling all those pieces as a package. she wanted me to assemble it so she could have her fathers favorite car, but the body/rotisserie wont even fit in my garage alone!! thnx guys

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,392 Posts
Sorry about the recent loss.
Are you looking for a value estimate? Very difficult over the internet, and harder still with no pictures. I'm sure some members can give you a ballpark guess if you supply several pictures of the Chevy & parts. -Good luck to you.

·
Administrator
49,951 Posts
Nearly impossible to do without pics and more details. What model and body style is the 57. Being tore down is going to bring the value way down in my opinion, no matter how many parts or money was spent. And add on top of that they are still down in value with the economy like it is at the moment.
Terry
Terry

68,758 Posts
:hello: hi spoon and welcome. good to have you here. sorry for your gf's loss. might want to wait on making any decission for awhile. give it some more time, a months not long.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you all for concerns and respects, i will be planning to get back up to wv next month, (im in SC) i will try to get pics asap. i know he bought alot of stuff from danchuk, (coil overs, shorty headers, stuff like that) we already have his race car and trailing for sale (fiat body, ran an nhra class, this guy was cool!) i will try to get a list of things so if we cant sell a package i will have brand new parts to sell seperate. i bought a 96 impala SS from him, cant ever get rid of that now!(not that i ever would) thnx again guys, feels good to talk with a car group again, even if i dont have a trifive! be good

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sorry about your loss Spoonsc, it's like everyone is saying. No pics would make it difficult for anyone to put a price tag on.Id say wait awhile before you decide to sell anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts